Simple and Quick Single Serving Garden Salad
Salads are an extremely popular and versatile part of a good meal, something you can prepare in a matter of minutes and still make in a delicious and unique way. Salads are great at any meal, from a fine dinner to a casual lunch to a quick snack in between working, and you can enjoy not only the great flavor but also the health benefits it provides.
The recipe following is one way to make a quick and simple salad just for you. These instructions are extremely good to follow when you are in a hurry and need some light food fast or just want to enjoy a delicious treat all by yourself.
You can eat it alone, with croutons or bread, as a side dish, or as a complement to a larger meal, as salad can go with anything. The steps to follow are extremely simple so that anyone, even the most novice chef, can follow them for the best results.
If you are new to making your own salads, you will be pleasantly surprised just how quick and easy the process can be. Even though you might wonder why not just pick up a readymade salad from the store, you will find making your own salad from scratch is more satisfying because you can choose exactly what goes in there, and select your own toppings, dressings and garnishes.
- A few leaves of Italian or Romaine lettuce
- 5 or 6 cherry tomatoes
- 2-4 slices of red onion
- 1 stick of celery
- ⅛ of a medium sized cucumber (or one small pickle-sized cucumber)
- Cheese of your choice (i.e. cheddar, parmesan, or feta)
- Vinaigrette or Dressing (optional)
- Begin by finding a bowl or container for your salad. It can be even just a plate, as you will do all your mixing and eating off of it.
- Lay out some lettuce at the bottom of the plate, or chop it into bite sized pieces.
- You can add your cherry tomatoes whole, or if you prefer you can slice them in half and them add them to your salad. Add your onion slices as well (although these are optional and should only be added if you like them).
- Take your stick of celery and slice it thinly into about 2 or 3 millimeter slices. Add that to your salad.
- Peel or score your cucumber and slice it up in the same way you did the celery, slices about 3 millimeters thick. Add to the salad. Quickly toss your salad a bit so everything is mixed.
- Add the cheese for extra protein and flavor. If you are using cheddar or a similar cheese then chop it into cubes of about a centimeter. For parmesan, either grate and sprinkle or use your peeler to make thin sheets of cheese like a garnish on top. Feta cheese can be crumbled over the salad.
- Finally, dress your salad. A light mustardy vinaigrette or soya sauce dressing is great, although anything from blue cheese to Italian will be just as good. Add the dressing and then go find a comfortable place to sit and enjoy your salad.
You can always enjoy the delicious freshness of salad when you know a few simple recipes like this one in order to make yourself something quickly and easily. With such a stress-free recipe you can enjoy your delicious salad at any time you want. Choose the best-looking fresh produce, either from the farmer’s market or the grocery store, and combine these ingredients with your favorite dressing, adding any toppings you want, to make a healthy, satisfying lunch for one. Of course you can double the recipe if there are two of you.
Check Out Some of Our Other Hot Content
Leave a Reply
- Cobb Salad with a Mexican Seafood Twist May 9, 2016
- Simple Cucumber and Onion Salad April 24, 2016
- Classic Potato and Egg Salad with Chives April 15, 2016
- Greek Cucumber and Tomato Salad with Kalamata Olives April 1, 2016
- Chipotle Ranch Potato Salad with Sausage and Corn March 26, 2016
- Mexican Rice Salad with Tuna and Vegetables March 21, 2016
- Vegetarian Summer Five Bean Salad March 13, 2016
- Healthy Waldorf Salad with Baby Spinach March 6, 2016
- Corn and Pasta Salad with Tuna February 28, 2016
- Simple Chopped Egg Salad Recipe February 21, 2016
- Home (16864 Views)
- Lobster Seafood Salad Recipe with Green Onions (8889 Views)
- An Easy Grilled Bean Salad Recipe (3358 Views)
- Warm Grilled Veggie Salad (3310 Views)
- Grilled Pineapple Salad (3169 Views)
- Sweet and Spicy Thai Grilled Vegetables Salad (2673 Views)
- Super-Easy Recipe Four Bean Salad with a Lemon Dressing (2541 Views)
- Asparagus Salad Recipe with Eggplant and Bell Pepper (2458 Views)
- Warm Chicken Breast for Salads Recipes (2428 Views)
- Marinated Chicken Salad with Eggplant (2417 Views)
- Grilled Salad Recipe with Halloumi Cheese (2387 Views)
- Healthy Grilled Bell Pepper Salad (2348 Views)