Supper with Fruit Salad – One for Each Side Salad
When it comes to serving a delicious and nutritious snack for your family to eat at any time day or night you will enjoy making this delicious fruit salad that is served in two glass bowls. Delicious blueberries, apples and other bright-colored fresh fruits are sure to please everyone who eats it. As always, if you spot a fruit in the recipe someone is allergic to, use another in its place. If your local grocer has a sale on varieties of apples or grapes, mix and match your purchase to make the fruit salad even better.
The fresh fruit is a special event when separated into two separate bowls and good luck convincing everyone that the ingredients are identical, because the contents of one bowl always tastes better than that of the other. One way to solve the situation is let each person at the table take some of the salad from each side. If you have special dessert bowls, this is a great time to use them, since the salad is special.
Another way to make this a fun and tasty treat is by adding some whipped cream to the edge of the bowl and a way to add an extra-special treat is by layering vanilla wafers and giving the fruit salad an extra crunch. Fruit salads can be great for any occasion including family events like picnics or social events like potlucks, barbecues, and parties. Add a spin to any fruit salad when you try out different fruits such as pineapple, bananas, and grapes. That is one of the best things about fruit salad, because fruits bring different tastes and colors to salad, unlimited because it can have as many varieties as you like.
- 6 Red or Golden Delicious apples
- 1 pink grapefruit
- 4 Kiwi fruit
- 4 bananas
- 3 navel oranges
- 1 small pack fresh blackberries
- Fresh mint leaves
- 1 small pack fresh blueberries
- 1 pound strawberries
- 2 ripe mangoes
- 4 tablespoons sugar or sugar substitute for each dish
- Wash all the fruit and put it on paper towels to dry.
- Trim the stem tops off the blackberries and blueberries and divide them equally between two square bowls. Separate the mint leaves so there are no more than three to a section and divide the sprigs between each bowl.
- As you cut the following fruit, divide it equally between the two bowls.
- Remove the stem top from the strawberries and cut into quarters.
- Peel and core the mangoes and cut them into chunks.
- Core the apples and cut them into bite-sized pieces.
- Peel the oranges and divide into sections.
- Peel the grapefruit, cutting each section into thirds.
- Peel the bananas and slice two bananas into each dish.
- Peel the Kiwi fruit and slice across. Divide each slice into thirds.
- Sprinkle 2 tablespoons of sugar or sugar substitute over the fruit in each dish Stir the fruit gently.
- Cover each dish with plastic wrap and chill the fruit in the refrigerator for two hours before serving.
- Dish the salad with a serving spoon into separate small bowls.
Banana and orange slices, strawberry halves, mandarin oranges and kiwi pieces compose this delicious fruit salad served inside of two beautiful glass square-shaped serving dishes. These fun and festive fruit pieces are chilled first before being placed inside the dishes. Give them to family at dinner as a snack or dessert. To add a bit more of a delicate touch to these fruit salad bowls, add some fresh mint leaves to the top as a garnish. There is nothing quite as nice as fresh mint leaves for a hint of green and pleasant fragrance on top of delicious fresh fruit.
Check Out Some of Our Other Hot Content
Leave a Reply
- Cobb Salad with a Mexican Seafood Twist May 9, 2016
- Simple Cucumber and Onion Salad April 24, 2016
- Classic Potato and Egg Salad with Chives April 15, 2016
- Greek Cucumber and Tomato Salad with Kalamata Olives April 1, 2016
- Chipotle Ranch Potato Salad with Sausage and Corn March 26, 2016
- Mexican Rice Salad with Tuna and Vegetables March 21, 2016
- Vegetarian Summer Five Bean Salad March 13, 2016
- Healthy Waldorf Salad with Baby Spinach March 6, 2016
- Corn and Pasta Salad with Tuna February 28, 2016
- Simple Chopped Egg Salad Recipe February 21, 2016
- Home (16845 Views)
- Lobster Seafood Salad Recipe with Green Onions (8810 Views)
- An Easy Grilled Bean Salad Recipe (3322 Views)
- Warm Grilled Veggie Salad (3287 Views)
- Grilled Pineapple Salad (3128 Views)
- Sweet and Spicy Thai Grilled Vegetables Salad (2643 Views)
- Super-Easy Recipe Four Bean Salad with a Lemon Dressing (2511 Views)
- Asparagus Salad Recipe with Eggplant and Bell Pepper (2435 Views)
- Warm Chicken Breast for Salads Recipes (2407 Views)
- Marinated Chicken Salad with Eggplant (2400 Views)
- Grilled Salad Recipe with Halloumi Cheese (2368 Views)
- Healthy Grilled Bell Pepper Salad (2325 Views)