Strawberry Salad Recipes with Yogurt
Strawberries are a nice ingredient to work with, because they can be used in both sweet and savory recipes. Combine the strawberry with a pie crust and some gelatin and you can make a strawberry pie. Add it to the blender with milk and fruit juice and you have a smoothie. Another idea is to toss a few strawberries with spinach and pecans to make a wonderful salad. The following recipe is also very good, and the great thing about it is the versatility.
This juicy, sweet fruit salad is just as good served after dinner as a dessert as it is served first thing in the morning as breakfast. Try varying the fruits, depending what you have in the house. It is usually better to use fresh fruit, as long as it is perfectly ripe, but thawed fruit or canned fruit can also be used.
Look out for pineapple, apricots, apples, bananas, or mango. Any of those would be fantastic with sweet strawberry salad recipes. If you are using anything which turns brown like apple or banana, either sprinkle lemon or lime juice on the fruit, or make sure you serve the salad immediately.
- ½ pint hulled strawberries
- 14 oz can chopped peaches, drained
- ½ peach melba yogurt (or any flavor you like)
- 6 cherries
- Divide the yogurt between 2 bowls.
- Arrange the peach slices around the outside of the yogurt.
- Add the strawberries and cherries on top.
You can see how glossy and shiny the fruit looks in this picture, and this is sure to taste every bit as nice as it looks. If you are making this for breakfast but want to make it more filling, then add some granola to the bowl before adding the yogurt. Feel free to mix and match the types of fruit, along with the yogurt flavor. You can even use plain yogurt. To introduce more sweetness, drizzle a little honey on top before serving. This makes a great dessert and it is a nice ‘lighter option’ if you are also offering something very rich as dessert.
Check Out Some of Our Other Hot Content
Leave a Reply
- Cobb Salad with a Mexican Seafood Twist May 9, 2016
- Simple Cucumber and Onion Salad April 24, 2016
- Classic Potato and Egg Salad with Chives April 15, 2016
- Greek Cucumber and Tomato Salad with Kalamata Olives April 1, 2016
- Chipotle Ranch Potato Salad with Sausage and Corn March 26, 2016
- Mexican Rice Salad with Tuna and Vegetables March 21, 2016
- Vegetarian Summer Five Bean Salad March 13, 2016
- Healthy Waldorf Salad with Baby Spinach March 6, 2016
- Corn and Pasta Salad with Tuna February 28, 2016
- Simple Chopped Egg Salad Recipe February 21, 2016
- Home (16845 Views)
- Lobster Seafood Salad Recipe with Green Onions (8799 Views)
- An Easy Grilled Bean Salad Recipe (3315 Views)
- Warm Grilled Veggie Salad (3285 Views)
- Grilled Pineapple Salad (3120 Views)
- Sweet and Spicy Thai Grilled Vegetables Salad (2637 Views)
- Super-Easy Recipe Four Bean Salad with a Lemon Dressing (2505 Views)
- Asparagus Salad Recipe with Eggplant and Bell Pepper (2431 Views)
- Warm Chicken Breast for Salads Recipes (2401 Views)
- Marinated Chicken Salad with Eggplant (2398 Views)
- Grilled Salad Recipe with Halloumi Cheese (2365 Views)
- Healthy Grilled Bell Pepper Salad (2323 Views)