Spinach Salad Recipe with Fruit and Nuts
This spinach salad recipe is ideal for a light lunch or even an appetizer. You could also serve it alongside a piece of salmon or cod because it would be a wonderful side dish. The fruit and nuts go perfectly with the salad base and the dressing is tangy and flavorful. Many spinach salad recipes call for a tangy sauce because spinach is slightly sharp and the flavors combine well. You might think that using fruit, sugar, and other sweet ingredients would make the salad too sweet but the vinegar and garlic really do balance it out nicely.
You can use peaches, nectarines, or mandarins instead of the apple if you wish, and raspberries instead of the strawberries. Feel free to use ripe seasonal fruits and you will have a full-flavored, colorful salad. Any full grown or baby spinach variety is good in this spinach salad recipe; you can also use romaine.
You cannot fail to impress your guests if you serve this spinach salad recipe with fruit and nuts. This really is a healthy spinach salad recipe with antioxidant-rich fruit and the most amazing dressing. The crunchy nuts contrast well with the sweet, smooth fruit pieces in this spinach salad.
- 1 tablespoon orange juice concentrate
- ¼ cup walnut oil
- 1 teaspoon white wine vinegar
- ½ teaspoon poppy seeds
- ½ garlic clove, minced
- White pepper to taste
- ½ cup pecans
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 4 cups baby spinach leaves
- 2 cups strawberries
- 2 apples, diced
- Large spinach leaves to serve
- Mix the orange juice concentrate, walnut oil, vinegar, poppy seeds, garlic and pepper in a bowl and set this dressing aside. Heat the brown sugar with about a tablespoon of water in a skillet over a medium heat until the sugar melts. Add the pecans and cook for 2 minutes or until the sugar syrup begins to cling to them. Remove from heat and place nuts on a sheet of foil. When they have cooled, break apart any that have stuck together. This recipe also goes well with a little sharp or extra sharp shredded cheddar cheese in it.
- Combine the spinach, apples, and strawberries in a bowl. Add the dressing and toss well. Sprinkle with the candied nuts and serve on a bed of spinach leaves.
A Picture of Spinach Salad Recipe with Fruit and Nuts – this dish makes a light yet surprisingly refreshing appetizer or salad to start a meal the strawberries sweetness and the apples tartness blend with the sweet nutty taste of the candied pecans and the crisp taste of the spinach. This makes a wonderful snack, and you will love not only the selection of flavors but the various textures this salad offers, to keep it interesting. Make this and you will not regret it. The dressing is especially amazing here.
Check Out Some of Our Other Hot Content
Leave a Reply
- Cobb Salad with a Mexican Seafood Twist May 9, 2016
- Simple Cucumber and Onion Salad April 24, 2016
- Classic Potato and Egg Salad with Chives April 15, 2016
- Greek Cucumber and Tomato Salad with Kalamata Olives April 1, 2016
- Chipotle Ranch Potato Salad with Sausage and Corn March 26, 2016
- Mexican Rice Salad with Tuna and Vegetables March 21, 2016
- Vegetarian Summer Five Bean Salad March 13, 2016
- Healthy Waldorf Salad with Baby Spinach March 6, 2016
- Corn and Pasta Salad with Tuna February 28, 2016
- Simple Chopped Egg Salad Recipe February 21, 2016
- Home (16845 Views)
- Lobster Seafood Salad Recipe with Green Onions (8803 Views)
- An Easy Grilled Bean Salad Recipe (3319 Views)
- Warm Grilled Veggie Salad (3287 Views)
- Grilled Pineapple Salad (3125 Views)
- Sweet and Spicy Thai Grilled Vegetables Salad (2640 Views)
- Super-Easy Recipe Four Bean Salad with a Lemon Dressing (2510 Views)
- Asparagus Salad Recipe with Eggplant and Bell Pepper (2435 Views)
- Warm Chicken Breast for Salads Recipes (2405 Views)
- Marinated Chicken Salad with Eggplant (2398 Views)
- Grilled Salad Recipe with Halloumi Cheese (2367 Views)
- Healthy Grilled Bell Pepper Salad (2324 Views)