Simple and Refreshing Quick Fruit Salad Recipe
Fruit salad is a great way to fulfill the desires of your sweet tooth while keeping it low calorie and low fat. While fruits are great to eat alone when combined into a salad the flavors all mix together and the result is spectacular, making for a much more delicious and exquisite treat. Whether you want to eat it alone, with a friend, or serve it at a meal or dinner party, fruit salad will delight and please everyone.
The following recipe is an extremely basic method for making a delicious fruit salad. The whole process will take less than ten minutes but will produce a wonderful and succulent result. You can also substitute any of the fruits listed below for ones you prefer more.
Fruit salad can be prepared in a variety of ways, and there are no rules. You can eat it whenever you like and still enjoy it to the full.
Fruit salad is a popular dish for the whole family, from the youngest to the most senior. There is something so refreshing and tempting about fresh fruit, and there are plenty of fruit combinations to choose from to make the fresh fruit salad of your dreams.
- 1 orange
- 2 apples
- 5-10 grapes
- 1 green kiwi
- 1 pineapple slice
- Whipped Cream for topping
- Mint (optional)
- Prepare a bowl to mix your fruit salad in. Wash all your fruit beforehand under cold water.
- Begin by segmenting the orange. There is more than one method to do this, the most popular being either with a knife cutting out the segments or else peeling and tearing them out one by one by hand. If you prefer, you can substitute the orange for a clementine, blood orange, or half of a grapefruit.
- Put all the segments into the bowl, and then prepare the apples. Pare, core and chop them into cubes of an inch or medium slices, depending on your preference. Scrape them into the bowl with the oranges.
- Remove the grapes from the stems if necessary, and then slice each in half. If there are seeds, remove them if possible. Add the grapes to the bowl.
- Peel the kiwi or slice it in half then carefully spoon it out. Cut it in half then half again lengthwise, and then slice to about a centimeter of thickness. Put the kiwi pieces gently into the bowl. Chop up the pineapple slice into similarly sized pieces and add to the bowl as well.
- Mix everything up gently so as not to damage the fruit. If you want, you can add a few mint leaves or one or two teaspoons of finely diced mint to the mix to add an extra delicious flavor. Plate the fruit salad up onto two plates or glasses, or one small serving dish, and top it with the whipped cream.
- Put a single mint leaf on top for nice color and a delicate garnish effect.
You delicious fruit salad can be enjoyed alone, as a side dish, or as a great snack or accompaniment to a meal. It is a healthy and nutrient filled dessert or a filling and delicious snack, depending on what you prefer, and you can eat it alone or with company. Overall it is a quick and extremely easy recipe that will consistently bring you the best results.
Check Out Some of Our Other Hot Content
Leave a Reply
- Cobb Salad with a Mexican Seafood Twist May 9, 2016
- Simple Cucumber and Onion Salad April 24, 2016
- Classic Potato and Egg Salad with Chives April 15, 2016
- Greek Cucumber and Tomato Salad with Kalamata Olives April 1, 2016
- Chipotle Ranch Potato Salad with Sausage and Corn March 26, 2016
- Mexican Rice Salad with Tuna and Vegetables March 21, 2016
- Vegetarian Summer Five Bean Salad March 13, 2016
- Healthy Waldorf Salad with Baby Spinach March 6, 2016
- Corn and Pasta Salad with Tuna February 28, 2016
- Simple Chopped Egg Salad Recipe February 21, 2016
- Home (16847 Views)
- Lobster Seafood Salad Recipe with Green Onions (8830 Views)
- An Easy Grilled Bean Salad Recipe (3324 Views)
- Warm Grilled Veggie Salad (3290 Views)
- Grilled Pineapple Salad (3130 Views)
- Sweet and Spicy Thai Grilled Vegetables Salad (2646 Views)
- Super-Easy Recipe Four Bean Salad with a Lemon Dressing (2513 Views)
- Asparagus Salad Recipe with Eggplant and Bell Pepper (2437 Views)
- Warm Chicken Breast for Salads Recipes (2407 Views)
- Marinated Chicken Salad with Eggplant (2402 Views)
- Grilled Salad Recipe with Halloumi Cheese (2370 Views)
- Healthy Grilled Bell Pepper Salad (2328 Views)