Refreshing Shrimp and Grapefruit Salad Recipe
This is one of the best shrimp salad recipes, because the fish flavor goes so well with the grapefruit. This grapefruit salad recipe makes a perfect appetizer. For a slight change, you might like to use half shrimp and half crabmeat or substitute limejuice for the lemon juice.
The toasted coconut is way more than just a garnish. Its exciting, tropical flavor is marvelous with the shrimp and if you are looking for Caribbean style seafood, this shrimp grapefruit salad recipe will really delight your taste buds.
This is a quick and easy shrimp salad to make. You can begin with cooked shrimp although cooking raw shrimp is a better idea because they taste fresher. It is really easy to cook shrimp and it is quite foolproof because raw shrimp are gray and cooked shrimp are pink. When they are pink, they are done – if only all food could change color to let you know when it was done! Shrimp come in different sizes from tiny to huge. It is best to use medium sized ones for this recipe but if you are using a different size adjust the cooking times accordingly. Little shrimp might need less than a minute.
- ⅓ cup diced peeled avocado
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 red grapefruits
- Cooking spray
- 1 lb medium shrimp, peeled and de-veined
- ¼ cup flaked sweetened coconut, toasted
- ½ teaspoon salt, divided
- 1 cup fresh or frozen corn kernels, thawed (about 2 ears)
- ⅓ cup finely chopped onion
- ⅓ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and chopped
- 4 parsley sprigs, to garnish
- Heat a skillet over a medium high heat. Coat the pan with cooking spray. Add the shrimp and half the salt. Cook for 4 minutes or until the shrimp are cooked. Remove them from the pan. Combine the corn, onion, cilantro, and avocado in a bowl. Stir in the shrimp.
- Combine the oil, juice, and the rest of the salt and stir. Drizzle the juice mixture over the shrimp mixture, tossing gently to coat. Peel and slice the grapefruits. Arrange grapefruit slices on each plate. Top with the shrimp mixture. Sprinkle the toasted coconut all over the shrimp mixture and garnish each plate with a parsley sprig.
A Picture of Refreshing Shrimp and Grapefruit Salad Recipe – this dish makes a lite yet surprisingly refreshing appetizer or salad to start a meal the grapefruit sweet and tart taste is a wonderful accent to the shrimps mild taste.
Check Out Some of Our Other Hot Content
Leave a Reply
- Cobb Salad with a Mexican Seafood Twist May 9, 2016
- Simple Cucumber and Onion Salad April 24, 2016
- Classic Potato and Egg Salad with Chives April 15, 2016
- Greek Cucumber and Tomato Salad with Kalamata Olives April 1, 2016
- Chipotle Ranch Potato Salad with Sausage and Corn March 26, 2016
- Mexican Rice Salad with Tuna and Vegetables March 21, 2016
- Vegetarian Summer Five Bean Salad March 13, 2016
- Healthy Waldorf Salad with Baby Spinach March 6, 2016
- Corn and Pasta Salad with Tuna February 28, 2016
- Simple Chopped Egg Salad Recipe February 21, 2016
- Home (16845 Views)
- Lobster Seafood Salad Recipe with Green Onions (8801 Views)
- An Easy Grilled Bean Salad Recipe (3319 Views)
- Warm Grilled Veggie Salad (3287 Views)
- Grilled Pineapple Salad (3125 Views)
- Sweet and Spicy Thai Grilled Vegetables Salad (2640 Views)
- Super-Easy Recipe Four Bean Salad with a Lemon Dressing (2510 Views)
- Asparagus Salad Recipe with Eggplant and Bell Pepper (2435 Views)
- Warm Chicken Breast for Salads Recipes (2405 Views)
- Marinated Chicken Salad with Eggplant (2398 Views)
- Grilled Salad Recipe with Halloumi Cheese (2367 Views)
- Healthy Grilled Bell Pepper Salad (2324 Views)