Powerful Energy with Apple, Mango, and Papaya Fruit Salad
It is easy to wonder about some of the best fruits for people to eat and the answer is easy because they are in this salad: apples, mangoes, and papayas. In some countries like the Dominican Republic, the Papaya vendor is as popular as the ice cream truck in the United States. A chilled slice of fruit is a special treat and with the AMP salad, you will discover that nutrition, taste and sweetness go together very well. Cherries, blackberries, raspberries, and boysenberries are great additions, but do not add bananas or Kiwi fruit with this particular fruit salad.
Many children and adults like cut fruit because it is tasty, has different textures, and is a simple but satisfying snack at school, home or work. Even on the go while driving the car, it is easy to pick up a slice of apple and munch on it until you get to work. The delicious taste of these healthy foods will provide a welcome break from processed sugar and provide important vitamins and minerals needed for the day. That subtle bittersweet taste of mango will hit the spot when combined with the sweet taste of apple.
As going green and eating green become more popular every day it is important to remember that fruits are a healthy and easy way to gear up your diet in a way it has not seen before. Provide these tasty treats for the children because they will enjoy the fruits and remember that they taste good. Make a creative and delightful fruit treat for the next school event, parent teacher meeting or sporting event, whether it is a tailgate party or a team celebration potluck.
A person can never get enough of the energy and power delivered by apples, mangoes and papaya (AMP) and the reference to energy is to remind your children how important fresh fruits are in our diets. If you notice anyone dragging in a sluggish manner make up some of this delicious treat and watch the spirits rise.
- 6 Golden or Red Delicious apples
- 3 ripe mangoes
- 3 ripe papayas
- ¼ cup apple cider
- Rinse off the fruit and dry it with a paper towel before peeling. If you have a compost heap, the peelings are great for the soil.
- Get out a large bowl for the salad.
- Peel and core the apples. Cut into pieces so anyone wishing to pick up a piece by hand can do so while remaining the perfect size for a fork. Put the pieces into the bowl.
- Slice the mangoes in half and take out the pit. Peel them and cut them to the same size of the apples, adding them with the apples.
- Cut the papaya in half and get rid of as many seeds as possible. Peel the papayas and cut them to the same size as the mangoes and apples. Put the chunks in with the other fruit.
- Pour the apple cider over the fruit and stir everything for two minutes. Put a cover or plastic wrap over the bowl and place it in the refrigerator to cool and combine the flavors. It will be ready to serve after an hour.
- When you are ready to serve the salad, dish it up with a serving spoon into separate small glass bowls. A serving of fruit will produce energy as well as give a perfect amount of flavor and taste.
Sparkling and bright, the glass bowl holding these powerful fruits glimmers in the light and adds to the special feature of perfect fruit salad. Apples, mangoes, and papayas display perfectly in the gleaming glass bowl set on a glass plate. This fruit salad is the right thing to be served with any dinner, especially when family and guests enjoy fruit as an appetizer, during or after the meal. Sometimes it is nice to have a centerpiece and one or two papayas or mangoes show off the color and décor of tropical fruit. Chunky or easy eating pieces, it is delicious.
Check Out Some of Our Other Hot Content
Leave a Reply
- Cobb Salad with a Mexican Seafood Twist May 9, 2016
- Simple Cucumber and Onion Salad April 24, 2016
- Classic Potato and Egg Salad with Chives April 15, 2016
- Greek Cucumber and Tomato Salad with Kalamata Olives April 1, 2016
- Chipotle Ranch Potato Salad with Sausage and Corn March 26, 2016
- Mexican Rice Salad with Tuna and Vegetables March 21, 2016
- Vegetarian Summer Five Bean Salad March 13, 2016
- Healthy Waldorf Salad with Baby Spinach March 6, 2016
- Corn and Pasta Salad with Tuna February 28, 2016
- Simple Chopped Egg Salad Recipe February 21, 2016
- Home (16847 Views)
- Lobster Seafood Salad Recipe with Green Onions (8830 Views)
- An Easy Grilled Bean Salad Recipe (3325 Views)
- Warm Grilled Veggie Salad (3290 Views)
- Grilled Pineapple Salad (3130 Views)
- Sweet and Spicy Thai Grilled Vegetables Salad (2646 Views)
- Super-Easy Recipe Four Bean Salad with a Lemon Dressing (2513 Views)
- Asparagus Salad Recipe with Eggplant and Bell Pepper (2437 Views)
- Warm Chicken Breast for Salads Recipes (2407 Views)
- Marinated Chicken Salad with Eggplant (2402 Views)
- Grilled Salad Recipe with Halloumi Cheese (2370 Views)
- Healthy Grilled Bell Pepper Salad (2328 Views)