Incredible Summer Fruit Salad
If you have been looking for a delicious, easy and tasty dish to serve at your next dinner party or family meal it is time to stop looking. You have found it in this delicious fruit salad served inside a clear glass bowl, the perfect addition, and special treat. The glass bowl gives the salad an elegant look and is the perfect centerpiece for any occasion. Start by selecting your favorite fruits like mangoes, bananas, pineapple, watermelon, apples, and cantaloupe.
This is a very kid-friendly recipe and if you have children at home that like to help with dinner, encourage those skills, and invite them to help create this incredible summer fruit salad. Enhance math skills by letting them measure the cup of juice. They can rinse, dry, and remove the grapes from the stem. Explain that fruit salad is much like a stew because you can take your favorite ingredients regardless of the quantity and make a delicious meal. All ingredients in this recipe are suggestions except for the cup of fruit juice. For instance, if you only have 1 banana instead of 3, cut the slices a bit thinner to look like more and compensate with something else, like marshmallows or oranges.
Readily available in summer, these fruits are also available during the winter at your local supermarket or produce store. Use as many fresh fruits as possible, since that gives the perfect taste and melody for the ingredients involved. When fresh ingredients are not available, use canned fruit. Drain the juice first, since the sweetness kills much of the fruit flavor. If you would like to add more fruit to this salad for additional variety and flavor, try seedless grapes, Kiwi fruit, or even maraschino cherries.
- 1 can chunk pineapple, drained with juice reserved)
- 1 cup of fruit juice (Use juice from pineapple and add your favorite juice to make 1 cup)
- 3 whole bananas
- 1 medium ripe cantaloupe
- 4 apples
- 12 to 16 ounces strawberries
- 2 cups watermelon chunks with seeds removed
- Pour a bit of the juice into the glass bowl and swish it around the sides.
- Put the pineapple chunks in the bowl.
- Cut the cantaloupe in half and remove the seeds. Cut each half in half again. Cut away the rind and cut the cantaloupe into pieces or use small cutters to make designs. Put them into the bowl with the pineapple.
- Peel and core the apples. Cut the fruit or make designs. Add to the fruit bowl.
- Mix in the watermelon chunks.
- Trim the tops off the strawberries, cut the berries into slices and place into the bowl.
- Peel the bananas and slice directly into the bowl.
- Add the remainder of the juice. Stir together. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator to chill for at least one hour.
A beautiful fruit salad inside an elegantly shaped etched crystal bowl strikes the right image for family and guests as it calls out for attention. One look and you know that this recipe is the perfect addition to any perfect family meal and if the meal will be outside, find a decorative clear hard plastic bowl to use rather than crystal. It is the same ambience, just safer. Putting favorite fruits together to make this delicious salad gives the family a chance to enjoy favorite fresh fruits while providing the opportunity to have something both delicious and healthy to eat.
Check Out Some of Our Other Hot Content
Leave a Reply
- Cobb Salad with a Mexican Seafood Twist May 9, 2016
- Simple Cucumber and Onion Salad April 24, 2016
- Classic Potato and Egg Salad with Chives April 15, 2016
- Greek Cucumber and Tomato Salad with Kalamata Olives April 1, 2016
- Chipotle Ranch Potato Salad with Sausage and Corn March 26, 2016
- Mexican Rice Salad with Tuna and Vegetables March 21, 2016
- Vegetarian Summer Five Bean Salad March 13, 2016
- Healthy Waldorf Salad with Baby Spinach March 6, 2016
- Corn and Pasta Salad with Tuna February 28, 2016
- Simple Chopped Egg Salad Recipe February 21, 2016
- Home (16845 Views)
- Lobster Seafood Salad Recipe with Green Onions (8801 Views)
- An Easy Grilled Bean Salad Recipe (3319 Views)
- Warm Grilled Veggie Salad (3287 Views)
- Grilled Pineapple Salad (3125 Views)
- Sweet and Spicy Thai Grilled Vegetables Salad (2640 Views)
- Super-Easy Recipe Four Bean Salad with a Lemon Dressing (2510 Views)
- Asparagus Salad Recipe with Eggplant and Bell Pepper (2435 Views)
- Warm Chicken Breast for Salads Recipes (2405 Views)
- Marinated Chicken Salad with Eggplant (2398 Views)
- Grilled Salad Recipe with Halloumi Cheese (2367 Views)
- Healthy Grilled Bell Pepper Salad (2324 Views)