Exotic Fruit Salad with Dragon Fruit
Have you tasted dragon fruit before? If not, you are in for a treat when you make this exotic fruit salad recipe! Dragon fruit is a lovely looking fruit, which grows in Mexico, Central America, Southeast Asia, Israel, and South America. The plant, which is a type of cactus, comes in three different colors. One has a pink skin with red flesh, one has a pink skin with white flesh, and one is yellow-skinned with white flesh.
This fruit is low in calories and contains fiber, antioxidants, vitamin C, calcium, and phosphorus. It is crunchy and sweet with a flavor that is like a cross between a pear and a kiwi. The flavor is quite mild actually, which is a surprise to people who assume that the fruit’s exciting appearance must mean a strong flavor. This tropical fruit salad recipe also contains strawberries, blackberries and blueberries, as well as peaches and kiwi, to offer plenty of color as well as a soft texture and lots of flavor. The sweetened honey, wine and lemon dressing is amazing too and goes beautifully with the mixed fruit.
This wonderful wine and lemon flavored fruit salad recipe is great served with a cheese platter and some warm French bread and butter. That would make it great as either an appetizer or dessert and you can mix the sweetness of the fruit with the tang of cheese and the savory flavor of bread. You could also serve it that way for a picnic.
- 3 tablespoons and 2 teaspoons honey
- ½ cup dry white wine
- ½ pint blackberries
- ½ pint strawberries
- ¼ pint blueberries
- 2 peeled dragon fruit
- ½ teaspoon lemon zest
- 2 peeled kiwis
- 2 pitted peaches
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- First, make the fruit salad dressing.
- Process the honey with the lemon zest, lemon juice, sugar, and wine in a blender until the dressing is smooth.
- Chill it for 20 minutes.
- Halve the strawberries and cut the peaches, kiwi, and dragon fruit into chunks.
- Toss the fruit with the honey and wine dressing and serve it immediately or chill it for up to 2 hours for the flavors to infuse.
If you are looking for a brightly colored fruit salad recipe, you have found it. As you can see from the picture, this is a lively, vibrant fruit salad, which is truly bursting with color. The salad uses soft fruits only and the dragon fruit adds an especially exotic touch. Fruit salad is a versatile dish because you can serve it for breakfast (maybe not this one because of the wine!) or as an appetizer. It is also healthy as a part of lunch or even as a snack when you do not want anything too heavy or filling.
Check Out Some of Our Other Hot Content
Leave a Reply
- Cobb Salad with a Mexican Seafood Twist May 9, 2016
- Simple Cucumber and Onion Salad April 24, 2016
- Classic Potato and Egg Salad with Chives April 15, 2016
- Greek Cucumber and Tomato Salad with Kalamata Olives April 1, 2016
- Chipotle Ranch Potato Salad with Sausage and Corn March 26, 2016
- Mexican Rice Salad with Tuna and Vegetables March 21, 2016
- Vegetarian Summer Five Bean Salad March 13, 2016
- Healthy Waldorf Salad with Baby Spinach March 6, 2016
- Corn and Pasta Salad with Tuna February 28, 2016
- Simple Chopped Egg Salad Recipe February 21, 2016
- Home (16845 Views)
- Lobster Seafood Salad Recipe with Green Onions (8799 Views)
- An Easy Grilled Bean Salad Recipe (3317 Views)
- Warm Grilled Veggie Salad (3287 Views)
- Grilled Pineapple Salad (3122 Views)
- Sweet and Spicy Thai Grilled Vegetables Salad (2639 Views)
- Super-Easy Recipe Four Bean Salad with a Lemon Dressing (2506 Views)
- Asparagus Salad Recipe with Eggplant and Bell Pepper (2432 Views)
- Warm Chicken Breast for Salads Recipes (2404 Views)
- Marinated Chicken Salad with Eggplant (2398 Views)
- Grilled Salad Recipe with Halloumi Cheese (2366 Views)
- Healthy Grilled Bell Pepper Salad (2324 Views)