Creamy Nut and Grape Salad Recipe
This delicious nut and grape salad recipe features plump, juicy grapes, as well as two kinds of nuts, and a creamy dressing. Although this could be served as a dessert, it is versatile and would also make a tasty breakfast or even a snack in the late afternoon when you are hungry but it is not quite dinnertime.
Fruit and nuts are healthy, of course, and if you want to make this even healthier you can swap the white sugar for sweetener, and use reduced-fat sour cream and cream cheese. The grape salad recipe might lack a little richness but it will still be flavorful. This is best made with toasted nuts, but do not stir them into the mixture until just before serving else they will get soggy.
Toast the nuts by spreading them over a baking sheet in one layer, then cook at 350 degrees F for about twelve minutes, keeping an eye on them so they do not burn. Feel free to use hazelnuts, macadamia nuts, chestnuts, or almonds if you like. If you prefer to toast them on the stovetop you can use a dry pan (do not add oil or butter) and toast the nuts in there, shaking the pan often.
- 8 oz halved red seedless grapes
- 8 oz halved green seedless grapes
- 4 oz toasted walnut halves
- 4 oz toasted pecans
- ¼ cup white sugar
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 1 cup sour cream
- Blend the sugar with the cream cheese and sour cream until smooth.
- Fold the grapes into the creamy mixture, ensuring they are well coated.
- Cover and refrigerate for an hour.
- Fold in the nuts just before serving.
This picture shows you how nice and creamy this grape salad recipe is. The sweet soft grapes go well with the crunchy toasted nuts, and the sour cream and cream cheese sauce is lovely. This makes a good dessert, or you could leave out the sugar and serve it on a bed of mixed salad leaves. Feel free to use only red grapes or only green ones, or mix and match if you prefer. If you are not using seedless ones, you can remove the seeds when you cut them in half. Smaller grapes can be left whole.
Check Out Some of Our Other Hot Content
Leave a Reply
- Cobb Salad with a Mexican Seafood Twist May 9, 2016
- Simple Cucumber and Onion Salad April 24, 2016
- Classic Potato and Egg Salad with Chives April 15, 2016
- Greek Cucumber and Tomato Salad with Kalamata Olives April 1, 2016
- Chipotle Ranch Potato Salad with Sausage and Corn March 26, 2016
- Mexican Rice Salad with Tuna and Vegetables March 21, 2016
- Vegetarian Summer Five Bean Salad March 13, 2016
- Healthy Waldorf Salad with Baby Spinach March 6, 2016
- Corn and Pasta Salad with Tuna February 28, 2016
- Simple Chopped Egg Salad Recipe February 21, 2016
- Home (16845 Views)
- Lobster Seafood Salad Recipe with Green Onions (8805 Views)
- An Easy Grilled Bean Salad Recipe (3319 Views)
- Warm Grilled Veggie Salad (3287 Views)
- Grilled Pineapple Salad (3125 Views)
- Sweet and Spicy Thai Grilled Vegetables Salad (2641 Views)
- Super-Easy Recipe Four Bean Salad with a Lemon Dressing (2510 Views)
- Asparagus Salad Recipe with Eggplant and Bell Pepper (2435 Views)
- Warm Chicken Breast for Salads Recipes (2405 Views)
- Marinated Chicken Salad with Eggplant (2398 Views)
- Grilled Salad Recipe with Halloumi Cheese (2367 Views)
- Healthy Grilled Bell Pepper Salad (2324 Views)