Simple and Quick Egg Salad Sandwich with Sprouts
One of the simplest pleasures is a well prepared sandwich and a nice cup of juice. You can make a sandwich in a matter of seconds and enjoy it for much longer. Sandwiches are acceptable fare for any meal and can be served at almost any occasion or gathering, especially if the sandwiches are made of something basic like egg salad. Egg salad sandwiches are especially quick and easy.
The recipe listed below will only take a few minutes to prepare. You can make it from materials you have around the house and with no great cost at all.
Eggs are extremely useful and multipurpose ingredients, and you can modify this recipe to instead fry, poach, or scramble the eggs and then add them to the sandwich.
There are different ways to prepare egg salad. You can even buy it from the store readymade but then of course you will not be getting that wonderful, fresh flavor associated with making your own homemade egg salad recipe. Here we are combining the eggs with mayonnaise, mustard, shallot, and paprika, and also adding some alfalfa sprouts to the sandwich for a gourmet twist.
- 2 eggs
- 2 slices of whole wheat bread or 1 whole wheat English muffin
- 2 tbsp. mayonnaise (plus more for spreading on the bread)
- 1 tsp. mustard (plus more for spreading)
- 1 tsp. diced shallot
- Paprika, salt, and pepper to taste
- 2 whole lettuce leaves
- ⅛ cup alfalfa sprouts (or your favorite kind of sprouts)
- Fill a small pot with water and put your two eggs into it. Set the pot on the stove to boil. Once the water starts boiling, set a timer or alarm for 6 minutes if you like your eggs slightly soft but not runny or more if you like your eggs extremely hard boiled.
- While the eggs are boiling fill a small bowl with cold water and put ice in it. You will use this in a few minutes.
- Get out your bread and spread the mustard and mayonnaise on each side. Set this on a plate while you dice the shallot into extremely small pieces. Put the shallot into a separate small bowl where you will be making the egg salad.
- Wash your lettuce and sprouts and let them dry for a few moments.
- Your eggs should finish boiling by this time, so turn off the fire, take out the eggs with tongs or a spoon, and plunge them into your ice water. The cold water should make the eggs a great deal easier to peel and cool them off quicker.
- Take the eggs out of the water in a few moments and peel them. The peel should slip right off but if it does not for some reason you can remove the egg inside with a spoon. Slice your eggs up into medium slices, and chop them further if you prefer a finer egg salad. Scrape the eggs into the bowl with the shallots and add the two tablespoons of mayo and one of mustard. Add your pinch of salt, pepper, and paprika and lightly toss the whole mixture so that everything is coated and mixed together.
- Spoon out your egg salad onto the bread then add the lettuce and sprouts. Cut in half and serve on a plate.
Your delicious egg salad sandwich can be enjoyed for breakfast, lunch, or dinner, and makes a great snack as well. Increase the recipe to serve more people, or make a whole bunch of smaller sandwiches for appetizers or special parties. Comparing commercial egg salad to lovingly prepared egg salad is like comparing apples and oranges. It is always worth making your own, and you can make extra and keep it for several days in the refrigerator, to enjoy delicious egg salad sandwiches for the next couple of days as well. You are not going to get tired of this tasty recipe.
Check Out Some of Our Other Hot Content
Leave a Reply
- Cobb Salad with a Mexican Seafood Twist May 9, 2016
- Simple Cucumber and Onion Salad April 24, 2016
- Classic Potato and Egg Salad with Chives April 15, 2016
- Greek Cucumber and Tomato Salad with Kalamata Olives April 1, 2016
- Chipotle Ranch Potato Salad with Sausage and Corn March 26, 2016
- Mexican Rice Salad with Tuna and Vegetables March 21, 2016
- Vegetarian Summer Five Bean Salad March 13, 2016
- Healthy Waldorf Salad with Baby Spinach March 6, 2016
- Corn and Pasta Salad with Tuna February 28, 2016
- Simple Chopped Egg Salad Recipe February 21, 2016
- Home (16844 Views)
- Lobster Seafood Salad Recipe with Green Onions (8790 Views)
- An Easy Grilled Bean Salad Recipe (3313 Views)
- Warm Grilled Veggie Salad (3283 Views)
- Grilled Pineapple Salad (3119 Views)
- Sweet and Spicy Thai Grilled Vegetables Salad (2635 Views)
- Super-Easy Recipe Four Bean Salad with a Lemon Dressing (2505 Views)
- Asparagus Salad Recipe with Eggplant and Bell Pepper (2430 Views)
- Warm Chicken Breast for Salads Recipes (2400 Views)
- Marinated Chicken Salad with Eggplant (2398 Views)
- Grilled Salad Recipe with Halloumi Cheese (2365 Views)
- Healthy Grilled Bell Pepper Salad (2322 Views)