Bacon & Egg Salad Recipe
This tasty egg and bacon salad recipe also features potatoes, anchovies, and cherry tomatoes for a variety of textures and colors. This is very easy to prepare and it is similarly easy to double or triple the amount. That might be a nice idea if you are catering for a pot luck supper or buffet but, if you are, remember to serve the dressing on the side, else the lettuce might get soggy. Crispy croutons or chopped avocado would also work in this egg and bacon salad recipe and you can omit any of the ingredients that you do not like or experiment with adding others.
If you prefer a creamy dressing, you can combine equal parts of yogurt and mayonnaise with the juice of half a lemon, a tablespoon of milk and some salt and black pepper, then just drizzle this dressing over the salad instead of the extra-virgin olive oil and lemon mixture. You can add extra milk if you want a runnier dressing (and also depending on how runny the yogurt and mayonnaise are). This salad is slightly reminiscent of a Caesar salad so you could even use a bottle Caesar salad dressing on it.
Crispy bacon is a popular salad topping and you can cook the bacon on a griddle or in a skillet. Drain the excess grease off on paper towels before you crumble it over the salad. You might like to serve this easy bacon salad as it is for a complete meal, or you could serve a chicken breast on the side if you want it to be a side salad (then it will feed four people rather than two). Chicken and bacon have a natural affinity so if you want to serve it as a main course rather than a side dish, you might like to add some chopped cooked chicken to the mix.
- 1 chopped lettuce heart
- 2 chopped, boiled, peeled potatoes
- 4 crispy slices bacon
- 4 chopped anchovies in olive oil
- 10 cherry tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan
- Extra-virgin olive oil, lemon juice and salt and black pepper, for the dressing
- Divide the lettuce between 2 salad plates.
- Top with the potatoes, tomatoes, bacon, anchovies, and parmesan.
- Combine some olive oil, lemon juice, salt, and black pepper for the dressing.
- Taste and add more lemon juice, salt or pepper if necessary.
- Drizzle the sauce over the salad.
This colorful salad can be served with a lemon and oil dressing or with a creamy dressing. The egg and bacon add a breakfast feel to this salad recipe, so it might be nice if you are looking for brunch ideas. Feel free to throw in some walnut halves, croutons, beets or anything else you fancy. You can also add some crumbled blue cheese or goat’s cheese. This salad is easy to prepare because you just need to toss everything together and drizzle the dressing over the salad. This makes a lovely lunch or light supper.
Check Out Some of Our Other Hot Content
Leave a Reply
- Cobb Salad with a Mexican Seafood Twist May 9, 2016
- Simple Cucumber and Onion Salad April 24, 2016
- Classic Potato and Egg Salad with Chives April 15, 2016
- Greek Cucumber and Tomato Salad with Kalamata Olives April 1, 2016
- Chipotle Ranch Potato Salad with Sausage and Corn March 26, 2016
- Mexican Rice Salad with Tuna and Vegetables March 21, 2016
- Vegetarian Summer Five Bean Salad March 13, 2016
- Healthy Waldorf Salad with Baby Spinach March 6, 2016
- Corn and Pasta Salad with Tuna February 28, 2016
- Simple Chopped Egg Salad Recipe February 21, 2016
- Home (16847 Views)
- Lobster Seafood Salad Recipe with Green Onions (8830 Views)
- An Easy Grilled Bean Salad Recipe (3324 Views)
- Warm Grilled Veggie Salad (3290 Views)
- Grilled Pineapple Salad (3130 Views)
- Sweet and Spicy Thai Grilled Vegetables Salad (2646 Views)
- Super-Easy Recipe Four Bean Salad with a Lemon Dressing (2513 Views)
- Asparagus Salad Recipe with Eggplant and Bell Pepper (2437 Views)
- Warm Chicken Breast for Salads Recipes (2407 Views)
- Marinated Chicken Salad with Eggplant (2402 Views)
- Grilled Salad Recipe with Halloumi Cheese (2370 Views)
- Healthy Grilled Bell Pepper Salad (2328 Views)