All Your Favorite Foods Egg Salad
Describing the perfect salad is hard to do because there are so many different ingredients that go with one item and not another and sometimes some of the family does not care for the same things others do. There is no problem with this salad, which is resplendent with a variety of delicious flavors and textures. Iceberg lettuce is always a favorite and you can choose to make your own croutons or get a ready-made pack of seasoned bread cubes.
It is an interesting experience to shave cheese, but it offers the best way to get those thin slices that arrange themselves into elegant curls and add beauty to your creating. Green olives stuffed with pimento have a delightful flavor and will add a great variety to today’s special salad. Whether the salad is an appetizer, side dish or the main feature for lunch or dinner, it offers many options to get the family interested in mealtime instead of habitual fast food fare.
In a pinch, a salad can be put together quickly and still look together in elegance and presentation. It is not even a requirement to include tomatoes or lettuce, as you can use greens like spinach, if desired, and add olives, garbanzo beans, or kidney beans for variety and color. Even jello salad is a great option to serve before, during or after the meal. Always use the freshest produce possible to get the maximum flavor from the ingredients. You will be pleased to discover how much fun it can be to prepare different salad recipes for yourself or the family.
- ¼ cup vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- ½ teaspoon yellow mustard
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- ⅛ teaspoon pepper
- ½ cup olive oil
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- 6 hardboiled eggs
- Bottle of green olives stuffed with pimento
- 2 sprigs fresh parsley
- 1 head iceberg lettuce
- Mozzarella cheese
- Colby cheese
- Lime Vinaigrette Dressing
- The easiest way to make the dressing is to use a glass jar that holds 10 - 16 ounces of liquid. Put the mustard, salt, vinegar, and pepper in the jar and fasten the lid, shaking for one minute to blend.
- Add half of the oil, refasten the lid and shake for two minutes to combine.
- Put in the lime and lemon juices and the remaining oil, cover and shake two minutes.
- Put into the refrigerator to blend and chill, about 2 hours.
- Shake the mixture again before using.
- (Makes enough for 4 family-sized salads)
- Trim the lettuce by cutting the bottom off and discarding any unsightly leaves. Wash the remaining lettuce by tearing it into sections and allowing the water to cover it in a colander. Shake it to dry, cover it with a paper towel, and set aside.
- Peel the shell off the hardboiled eggs, making certain any bits of shell are off the egg white. Cut the egg in half from top to bottom and then in half again. Set aside.
- Rinse the sprigs of parsley and break into separate pieces (refer to the picture). Set aside.
- Open the jar of green olives.
- Divide the lettuce between 4 salad plates or bowls and scatter 4 to 6 green olives on each plate.
- Add 6 wedges of egg to each salad.
- Sprinkle with croutons and add the parsley to the edge of each salad for garnish.
- Shave both Colby and Mozzarella cheese over the salad.
- Shake the Splash of Lime Vinaigrette Dressing and add to each salad.
What an incredible salad with boiled egg and cheese and how amazing is it that a variety of tasty extras are added to this wonderful dish. Featuring hardboiled eggs cut into quarters lengthwise, green olives stuffed with pimento, fresh parsley as a garnish, iceberg lettuce, croutons and shaved mozzarella and Colby cheese, there is so much goodness that it is nearly impossible to think of eating it all. Fresh, green, and healthy are great words to describe this salad and you do not have to be on a diet to enjoy the crispy crunch of the lettuce and satisfying cheese.
Check Out Some of Our Other Hot Content
Leave a Reply
- Cobb Salad with a Mexican Seafood Twist May 9, 2016
- Simple Cucumber and Onion Salad April 24, 2016
- Classic Potato and Egg Salad with Chives April 15, 2016
- Greek Cucumber and Tomato Salad with Kalamata Olives April 1, 2016
- Chipotle Ranch Potato Salad with Sausage and Corn March 26, 2016
- Mexican Rice Salad with Tuna and Vegetables March 21, 2016
- Vegetarian Summer Five Bean Salad March 13, 2016
- Healthy Waldorf Salad with Baby Spinach March 6, 2016
- Corn and Pasta Salad with Tuna February 28, 2016
- Simple Chopped Egg Salad Recipe February 21, 2016
- Home (16864 Views)
- Lobster Seafood Salad Recipe with Green Onions (8889 Views)
- An Easy Grilled Bean Salad Recipe (3358 Views)
- Warm Grilled Veggie Salad (3310 Views)
- Grilled Pineapple Salad (3169 Views)
- Sweet and Spicy Thai Grilled Vegetables Salad (2672 Views)
- Super-Easy Recipe Four Bean Salad with a Lemon Dressing (2541 Views)
- Asparagus Salad Recipe with Eggplant and Bell Pepper (2458 Views)
- Warm Chicken Breast for Salads Recipes (2428 Views)
- Marinated Chicken Salad with Eggplant (2417 Views)
- Grilled Salad Recipe with Halloumi Cheese (2387 Views)
- Healthy Grilled Bell Pepper Salad (2346 Views)