Warm Chicken Breast for Salads Recipes
This is one of the best crispy chicken salad recipes and it is quite a simple concept. The salad itself is a simple combination of lettuce leaves, tomatoes and red onion and the chicken is oven-fried to perfection and served on top. A homemade lemon vinaigrette completes the dish although if you prefer creamy dressings you can use a mayonnaise-based dressing instead.
The chicken takes quite a while to cook because you are going to bake the breasts whole but the lemon vinaigrette recipe is best if you allow it to sit for an hour after making it, so you can rest the dressing while the chicken bakes to perfection. You can serve the chicken hot, warm, or chilled. It is important to cook the chicken only until it is white all the way through. Overcooking chicken breast is always a huge no-no because chicken is naturally lean. This means overcooking it, even by a little bit, will result in dried-out meat and, since chicken is such a huge part of this crispy chicken salad recipe, that is something to avoid at all costs.
This is a good chicken salad to make if you are wondering about chicken salad recipes for kids because they tend to love the crispy coating as well as the moist chicken breast itself. Also, this is healthier than deep fried chicken. Feel free to liven up the lettuce leaf mixture with berries, nuts, cucumber, beets, cheese, or anything else you want to add.
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- ½ beaten egg
- ½ cup saltine cracker crumbs
- ⅛ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 ½ tablespoons milk
- 1 ½ tablespoons melted butter
- 1 package salad leaves
- 2 tomatoes, cut into wedges
- ½ thinly sliced red onion
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ½ teaspoon white sugar
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Whisk the vinaigrette ingredients together until the sugar has dissolved.
- Taste it and adjust the seasonings if necessary.
- Refrigerate the lemon vinaigrette for an hour.
- Stir the milk with the beaten egg.
- Stir the cracker crumbs with the black pepper.
- Rinse the chicken breasts and pat them dry.
- Dip the chicken into the egg mixture and then into the cracker mixture.
- Arrange it in a greased baking pan. Do not let the pieces touch.
- Drizzle the melted butter over the top.
- Bake for 50 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through.
- Let the chicken cool for 15 minutes, and then cut each breast into slices.
- Divide the lettuce leaves, tomato, and onion between 4 serving plates.
- Whisk the lemon vinaigrette again, and then drizzle it over the salad.
- Arrange the chicken on top and serve.
Crispy chicken served on top of a basic green salad is a wonderful idea for a special lunch or dinner. As you can see from the picture, the chicken looks moist and succulent and the crispy coating makes it look truly mouthwatering. Oven-fried chicken is healthier than deep fried chicken, although the two taste very similar. The red onion and tomato in the salad add color and the lemon vinaigrette adds a beautiful flavor which complements both the chicken and the salad leaves. This is an easy yet supremely satisfying crispy chicken salad recipe.
Check Out Some of Our Other Hot Content
Leave a Reply
- Cobb Salad with a Mexican Seafood Twist May 9, 2016
- Simple Cucumber and Onion Salad April 24, 2016
- Classic Potato and Egg Salad with Chives April 15, 2016
- Greek Cucumber and Tomato Salad with Kalamata Olives April 1, 2016
- Chipotle Ranch Potato Salad with Sausage and Corn March 26, 2016
- Mexican Rice Salad with Tuna and Vegetables March 21, 2016
- Vegetarian Summer Five Bean Salad March 13, 2016
- Healthy Waldorf Salad with Baby Spinach March 6, 2016
- Corn and Pasta Salad with Tuna February 28, 2016
- Simple Chopped Egg Salad Recipe February 21, 2016
- Home (16845 Views)
- Lobster Seafood Salad Recipe with Green Onions (8799 Views)
- An Easy Grilled Bean Salad Recipe (3315 Views)
- Warm Grilled Veggie Salad (3285 Views)
- Grilled Pineapple Salad (3122 Views)
- Sweet and Spicy Thai Grilled Vegetables Salad (2637 Views)
- Super-Easy Recipe Four Bean Salad with a Lemon Dressing (2506 Views)
- Asparagus Salad Recipe with Eggplant and Bell Pepper (2431 Views)
- Warm Chicken Breast for Salads Recipes (2403 Views)
- Marinated Chicken Salad with Eggplant (2398 Views)
- Grilled Salad Recipe with Halloumi Cheese (2366 Views)
- Healthy Grilled Bell Pepper Salad (2323 Views)