Mexican Style Grilled Chicken Salad
This amazing grilled chicken salad would be great on any Cinco de Mayo menu. Featuring tasty avocado, creamy feta cheese, aromatic cilantro, crunchy pine nuts and of course delicious grilled chicken, this makes a great lunch, dinner, and supper or buffet table addition. You can serve the salad cold, perhaps on flour or corn tortillas, or you can warm it up, leave out the chicken, and serve it as a wonderful side dish. Swap the celery for jicama if you can get it, and feel free to use your favorite homemade salad dressing rather than bottled Italian dressing if you want.
Many people love south of the border flavors, even though some would find it hard to describe the difference between Tex-Mex food and authentic Mexican food recipes. On one hand it does not really matter so much – if a meal is great, it does not have to be purely accredited to one cuisine. But then it is also good to know what you are eating.
If you want true Mexican flavors, always use fresh ingredients, good quality meat and fish, and make your herbs and spices work for you, giving a fragrant touch to the meal rather than making it too fiery to appreciate fully. The following salad recipe features lots of great ingredients, as well as salad dressing and cilantro to finish it off in style.
- 4 cups chopped grilled chicken
- 2 ripe avocados
- ⅓ cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1 cup celery, cut into matchsticks
- 1 cup diced tomato
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts
- 15 oz black beans, drained and rinsed
- ½ cup Italian salad dressing
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro
- 1 cup spinach leaves or salad leaves
- Divide the spinach or salad leaves between 4 serving plates.
- Pit the avocados, then slice one and dice the other.
- Stir the beans, celery, pine nuts, feta cheese, diced avocado, half the cilantro, and 2 tablespoons of the dressing together.
- Divide this mixture between the serving plates.
- Top with the sliced avocado and chicken.
- Drizzle over the remaining dressing and sprinkle the rest of the cilantro over the salads.
The range of different colors, textures, and ingredients that you can see in this photo show what an appealing chicken salad it is. Featuring delicious grilled chicken, avocado, tomato and more, this hearty, satisfying salad is perfect for any meal or occasion. The cilantro adds an aromatic touch and you could serve this in small portions as an appetizer or larger ones as an entree. If you are looking for a great recipe for Mexican chicken salad, why not make this one? It is a very easy salad to prepare and the flavor is beautiful.
Check Out Some of Our Other Hot Content
Leave a Reply
- Cobb Salad with a Mexican Seafood Twist May 9, 2016
- Simple Cucumber and Onion Salad April 24, 2016
- Classic Potato and Egg Salad with Chives April 15, 2016
- Greek Cucumber and Tomato Salad with Kalamata Olives April 1, 2016
- Chipotle Ranch Potato Salad with Sausage and Corn March 26, 2016
- Mexican Rice Salad with Tuna and Vegetables March 21, 2016
- Vegetarian Summer Five Bean Salad March 13, 2016
- Healthy Waldorf Salad with Baby Spinach March 6, 2016
- Corn and Pasta Salad with Tuna February 28, 2016
- Simple Chopped Egg Salad Recipe February 21, 2016
- Home (16845 Views)
- Lobster Seafood Salad Recipe with Green Onions (8805 Views)
- An Easy Grilled Bean Salad Recipe (3319 Views)
- Warm Grilled Veggie Salad (3287 Views)
- Grilled Pineapple Salad (3125 Views)
- Sweet and Spicy Thai Grilled Vegetables Salad (2640 Views)
- Super-Easy Recipe Four Bean Salad with a Lemon Dressing (2510 Views)
- Asparagus Salad Recipe with Eggplant and Bell Pepper (2435 Views)
- Warm Chicken Breast for Salads Recipes (2405 Views)
- Marinated Chicken Salad with Eggplant (2398 Views)
- Grilled Salad Recipe with Halloumi Cheese (2367 Views)
- Healthy Grilled Bell Pepper Salad (2324 Views)