Grilled Chicken Salad with Strawberries
Buying seasonal produce is always a good idea. Not only will you get top quality, super-fresh fruits and veggies to make all the best salad recipes, but you will be supporting your local farmers. In some regions the strawberry season comes late, not until June, but you can usually get Californian strawberries from April, so they should not have too far to travel.
Aromatic strawberries are amazing in the following chicken salad recipe, and the slight bitterness from the spinach contrasts well with their sweet flavor. You can make this in smaller bowls or toss it together in one big bowl, serving the dressing on the side. Another tempting idea is to top it with blackened or grilled salmon, instead of using the chicken. That is up to you. The spinach and strawberry base is just as good with chicken or salmon.
This recipe is made in three stages. You need to prepare the strawberry and spinach mixture, you need to grill the chicken, and you also need to make the dressing. Make the dressing first, because that can stay in the refrigerator until you need it, then make the salad while the grill heats up. When the chicken is done, you can immediately slice it and top the salad with it, then pour the dressing over the top and serve it while it is still nice and warm.
- 4 chicken breast halves
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- ¾ cup walnuts or pecans
- ½ pint sliced strawberries
- 7 cups baby spinach
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons flax seed oil
- Dash of hot sauce
- Add the dressing ingredients to a large jar, seal tightly and shake until well mixed.
- Chill the dressing until required, or for at least 20 minutes.
- Wash and dry the spinach leaves and tear any larger ones into smaller pieces.
- Layer the spinach in the bottom of a large bowl and arrange the nuts and strawberries on top.
- Rub oil over the chicken, then season with salt and black pepper.
- Cook on a medium-hot grill for 12 minutes or until done, turning halfway through.
- Slice the chicken and add it to the salad, then pour the dressing over the top.
This colorful dish is really simple to make and it is a nice way of serving grilled chicken healthily. Grilled chicken is often served with high-fat side dishes like potato salad or coleslaw, but serve it with spinach, strawberries and nuts, and you will have this fantastic dish to look forward to. The dressing really brings the salad to life, complementing every flavor in it. You can serve this as an appetizer, or make it into your lunch or dinner. This is a versatile meal and a great way to showcase juicy, fresh strawberries.
Check Out Some of Our Other Hot Content
Leave a Reply
- Cobb Salad with a Mexican Seafood Twist May 9, 2016
- Simple Cucumber and Onion Salad April 24, 2016
- Classic Potato and Egg Salad with Chives April 15, 2016
- Greek Cucumber and Tomato Salad with Kalamata Olives April 1, 2016
- Chipotle Ranch Potato Salad with Sausage and Corn March 26, 2016
- Mexican Rice Salad with Tuna and Vegetables March 21, 2016
- Vegetarian Summer Five Bean Salad March 13, 2016
- Healthy Waldorf Salad with Baby Spinach March 6, 2016
- Corn and Pasta Salad with Tuna February 28, 2016
- Simple Chopped Egg Salad Recipe February 21, 2016
- Home (16847 Views)
- Lobster Seafood Salad Recipe with Green Onions (8830 Views)
- An Easy Grilled Bean Salad Recipe (3324 Views)
- Warm Grilled Veggie Salad (3288 Views)
- Grilled Pineapple Salad (3130 Views)
- Sweet and Spicy Thai Grilled Vegetables Salad (2646 Views)
- Super-Easy Recipe Four Bean Salad with a Lemon Dressing (2513 Views)
- Asparagus Salad Recipe with Eggplant and Bell Pepper (2437 Views)
- Warm Chicken Breast for Salads Recipes (2407 Views)
- Marinated Chicken Salad with Eggplant (2402 Views)
- Grilled Salad Recipe with Halloumi Cheese (2370 Views)
- Healthy Grilled Bell Pepper Salad (2328 Views)