Curry Chicken Salad Recipe
This fantastic recipe combines crispy curried chicken pieces and typical salad ingredients, and also introduces a creamy yogurt dressing which complements the Indian flavors in the chicken pieces. The yogurt dressing is flavorful and since the recipe for it makes two cups you can keep any leftovers in a sealed container in the refrigerator for a couple of days.
The chicken is coated in a curry mixture and then in breadcrumbs, before being baked to crispy perfection. This is healthier than deep-frying. You can make the chicken pieces as big or small as you want, and you can shape them into nugget shapes if you like. Make sure the chicken is free from bones and skin.
Serve the chicken hot, warm, or chilled, but do not let it sit at room temperature for too long. It is not a good idea to cook the chicken ahead, because then you will have to refrigerate it and it will get soggy. You can let it cool while you prepare the arugula, tomato, and onion, and divide the salad between the plates. This curry chicken salad recipe is nicer with the chicken pieces served warm anyway.
- 1 lb chicken breast, cut in strips
- 1½ teaspoons curry powder
- ½ teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Few drops of hot sauce
- 1 cup fine dry breadcrumbs
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- 1 package arugula
- 2 tomatoes, cut into wedges
- ½ sliced red onion
- Yogurt Salad Dressing, to serve
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Combine the mayonnaise with the lemon juice, curry powder, and hot sauce.
- Use this mixture to coat the chicken pieces.
- Mix the breadcrumbs with the parsley and salt in another bowl, and then roll the coated chicken strips in this.
- Lightly grease a baking dish and arrange the chicken in there.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until cooked through, turning once halfway through cooking.
- Cut the chicken pieces in half and let them cool for 10 minutes.
- Divide the arugula between 6 plates and add the tomato and red onion.
- Top with the crispy chicken pieces, and serve the yogurt salad dressing on the side.
Serve this appealing curry chicken salad recipe to impress the family. You can see from the picture how colorful it looks, and this is also quite a healthy dish. The crispy chicken is flavored with curry, lemon and more, and the arugula, red onion, and tomato are delicious with it. This salad not only looks great but it tastes fantastic. Combining warm chicken with chilled salad ingredients makes your meal even more interesting, and this is a flavorful, satisfying dish. Serve some potato salad on the side, if you like, to make it even more filling.
Check Out Some of Our Other Hot Content
Leave a Reply
- Cobb Salad with a Mexican Seafood Twist May 9, 2016
- Simple Cucumber and Onion Salad April 24, 2016
- Classic Potato and Egg Salad with Chives April 15, 2016
- Greek Cucumber and Tomato Salad with Kalamata Olives April 1, 2016
- Chipotle Ranch Potato Salad with Sausage and Corn March 26, 2016
- Mexican Rice Salad with Tuna and Vegetables March 21, 2016
- Vegetarian Summer Five Bean Salad March 13, 2016
- Healthy Waldorf Salad with Baby Spinach March 6, 2016
- Corn and Pasta Salad with Tuna February 28, 2016
- Simple Chopped Egg Salad Recipe February 21, 2016
- Home (16864 Views)
- Lobster Seafood Salad Recipe with Green Onions (8889 Views)
- An Easy Grilled Bean Salad Recipe (3358 Views)
- Warm Grilled Veggie Salad (3310 Views)
- Grilled Pineapple Salad (3168 Views)
- Sweet and Spicy Thai Grilled Vegetables Salad (2670 Views)
- Super-Easy Recipe Four Bean Salad with a Lemon Dressing (2541 Views)
- Asparagus Salad Recipe with Eggplant and Bell Pepper (2457 Views)
- Warm Chicken Breast for Salads Recipes (2428 Views)
- Marinated Chicken Salad with Eggplant (2417 Views)
- Grilled Salad Recipe with Halloumi Cheese (2387 Views)
- Healthy Grilled Bell Pepper Salad (2345 Views)