Creamy Chicken Bacon Club Salad with Avocado
Chicken and bacon go beautifully together and adding avocado to a chicken and bacon salad adds a wonderful creaminess to it. This recipe calls for crispy bacon, as well as chicken thighs which are seared to perfection in the bacon grease.
Use any salad greens you like to make this. Perhaps you fancy using a head of romaine or even a package of baby spinach leaves. Either of these would be fine instead of the mixed leaves. Garnish this delicious chicken salad recipe with a chopped apple if you like, or some thinly sliced red onion.
This salad is dressed with a homemade salad dressing, featuring sour cream, buttermilk, basil, garlic, and parmesan. All of these flavors bring out the salty bacon flavor, the mild chicken taste and also complement the nutty avocado and crunchy walnuts. This delicious chicken salad recipe would make a great lunch or a nice dinner for a spring or summer evening. This is the kind of meal you could enjoy outdoors if the weather is warm.
- 8 boneless, skinless chicken thighs, in 2 inch pieces
- 1 peeled, pitted avocado, in 1 inch chunks
- ½ cup chopped walnuts
- 4 bacon slices, in ½ inch squares
- Juice from ½ lemon (optional)
- 1 package mixed salad leaves
- Salt and black pepper
- ⅓ cup buttermilk
- ½ cup sour cream
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 minced garlic clove
- 2 tablespoons shredded fresh parmesan
- Whisk the salad dressing ingredients together and chill in the refrigerator until required.
- Toss the avocado in the lemon juice (this stops it from going brown).
- Ignore this step if you chop and add the avocado immediately before serving.
- Sauté the bacon in a skillet over a moderate heat until crispy.
- Set the cooked bacon to one side but leave the grease in the skillet.
- Season the chicken pieces with salt and black pepper and put them in the skillet with the bacon grease.
- Cook, turning often, until golden brown.
- Let the chicken carry on cooking until no pinkness remains inside.
- Toss the salad leaves, avocado, bacon, and chicken together.
- Top with the walnuts and dress with the salad dressing.
- Store leftover dressing for up to 2 days in the refrigerator.
This photo shows how simple the salad is to put together, but it does not show how wonderful the aroma and flavor of such a salad would be. If you use the chicken and bacon while they are still warm, you can imagine how much more aromatic and delicious they would be. This is a healthy salad and you can make it even healthier by using a low-fat salad dressing rather than the creamy one from the recipe. You could even use something like a balsamic vinaigrette instead of a creamy dressing.
Check Out Some of Our Other Hot Content
Leave a Reply
- Cobb Salad with a Mexican Seafood Twist May 9, 2016
- Simple Cucumber and Onion Salad April 24, 2016
- Classic Potato and Egg Salad with Chives April 15, 2016
- Greek Cucumber and Tomato Salad with Kalamata Olives April 1, 2016
- Chipotle Ranch Potato Salad with Sausage and Corn March 26, 2016
- Mexican Rice Salad with Tuna and Vegetables March 21, 2016
- Vegetarian Summer Five Bean Salad March 13, 2016
- Healthy Waldorf Salad with Baby Spinach March 6, 2016
- Corn and Pasta Salad with Tuna February 28, 2016
- Simple Chopped Egg Salad Recipe February 21, 2016
- Home (16847 Views)
- Lobster Seafood Salad Recipe with Green Onions (8812 Views)
- An Easy Grilled Bean Salad Recipe (3322 Views)
- Warm Grilled Veggie Salad (3288 Views)
- Grilled Pineapple Salad (3128 Views)
- Sweet and Spicy Thai Grilled Vegetables Salad (2643 Views)
- Super-Easy Recipe Four Bean Salad with a Lemon Dressing (2511 Views)
- Asparagus Salad Recipe with Eggplant and Bell Pepper (2435 Views)
- Warm Chicken Breast for Salads Recipes (2407 Views)
- Marinated Chicken Salad with Eggplant (2400 Views)
- Grilled Salad Recipe with Halloumi Cheese (2368 Views)
- Healthy Grilled Bell Pepper Salad (2326 Views)