Healthy Grilled Bell Pepper Salad
Salads will never go out of fashion because they are so versatile. You can choose from pineapple cream cheese salad, spicy Asian salad, healthy salad recipes and so many more. Modern salads might feature grilled vegetables, nuts, exotic cheeses and much more besides.
This black eye pea, garlic and pepper salad features grilled vegetables and fresh pineapple. The pineapple is left raw in this fresh pineapple salad, to provide a satisfying crunch with the other softened ingredients.
Combining sweet flavors with savory ones, this salad is really satisfying. It is a salad of contrasts, combining nuts, fruit, beans, vegetables and more, and the result is something versatile enough to be served as a side dish or even as lunch in its own right, perhaps with some crusty bread on the side.
You can mix and match the ingredients in this dish, swapping the black eye peas for cannellini beans or kidney beans, or swap the pine nuts for walnuts or cashews, or even change the cilantro for parsley. That is how versatile a lot of salad recipes are. You can stamp your own personality on them, and make them exactly as you wish. The following salad is very easy to prepare. Once the veggies are grilled and chopped, you can toss them with other ingredients, as well as the homemade dressing, and that is all you need to do to make this wonderful dish.
- 2 15 ounce cans black eye peas, rinsed and drained
- 4 stalks celery
- ½ red onion
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 2 jalapeño chilies, seeded and chopped
- 2 cups diced, peeled, cored, fresh pineapple
- 2 red bell peppers in ½ inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts
- 1 tablespoon cup Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ¼ iceberg lettuce
- Fresh cilantro sprigs
- Grill the peppers, celery, and onion over a medium hot grill until they are tender.
- Chop the onion and celery into bite sized pieces. Mix the black eye peas, pine nuts, pineapple, chili, grilled vegetables, and cilantro in large bowl.
- Whisk the mustard, garlic, and cider vinegar together in a small bowl. Whisk in the olive oil gradually.
- Add this to the salad and toss well to coat.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Cover and refrigerate.
- You can prepare this part one day ahead if you want.
- Line a large bowl with the lettuce and fill it with the salad.
- Garnish with cilantro sprigs and serve.
This grilled pepper and pineapple salad is colorful, flavorful and full of nutrients. The photo shows the vivid colors of the bell pepper, and beans. You can see we have swapped the black eye peas for cannellini beans, and that is to show you how versatile this dish is. Feel free to add another other ingredients you wish. Offering spicy, sweet and mild flavors, this contrasting dish is sure to please not only the eye but also your belly. This is a refreshing salad for a warm day, and you can also make it in advance for lunch.
Check Out Some of Our Other Hot Content
Leave a Reply
- Cobb Salad with a Mexican Seafood Twist May 9, 2016
- Simple Cucumber and Onion Salad April 24, 2016
- Classic Potato and Egg Salad with Chives April 15, 2016
- Greek Cucumber and Tomato Salad with Kalamata Olives April 1, 2016
- Chipotle Ranch Potato Salad with Sausage and Corn March 26, 2016
- Mexican Rice Salad with Tuna and Vegetables March 21, 2016
- Vegetarian Summer Five Bean Salad March 13, 2016
- Healthy Waldorf Salad with Baby Spinach March 6, 2016
- Corn and Pasta Salad with Tuna February 28, 2016
- Simple Chopped Egg Salad Recipe February 21, 2016
- Home (16847 Views)
- Lobster Seafood Salad Recipe with Green Onions (8830 Views)
- An Easy Grilled Bean Salad Recipe (3322 Views)
- Warm Grilled Veggie Salad (3288 Views)
- Grilled Pineapple Salad (3130 Views)
- Sweet and Spicy Thai Grilled Vegetables Salad (2646 Views)
- Super-Easy Recipe Four Bean Salad with a Lemon Dressing (2513 Views)
- Asparagus Salad Recipe with Eggplant and Bell Pepper (2437 Views)
- Warm Chicken Breast for Salads Recipes (2407 Views)
- Marinated Chicken Salad with Eggplant (2402 Views)
- Grilled Salad Recipe with Halloumi Cheese (2370 Views)
- Healthy Grilled Bell Pepper Salad (2328 Views)