An Easy Grilled Bean Salad Recipe
This delicious snow pea and bean salad contains garlic, basil, olives, tomatoes, onions, and sunflower seeds for plenty of flavor and texture variation. This is a healthy salad and the grill makes the snow peas and beans really juicy and full of flavor. If you are looking for ideas for a spring or summer salad, what about making this flavorful dish? It makes a wonderful side dish and you can serve it to vegetarians as an entree, paired with some crusty bread or a baked potato with sour cream.
The sunflower seeds add crunch, the black olives add a delicious saltiness, and they also look good in the finished salad. The use of fresh basil, sun-dried tomatoes, and balsamic vinegar gives this bean salad recipe a gourmet touch. The ingredients in this bean salad work really well together.
This bean salad is one of the best grilled vegetable salad recipes because the flavor is delicious and everyone will be impressed with this. Also, you can make the dressing a day ahead if you like and cook the snow peas and green beans a day in advance too, if that is easier for you. Then you will just need to grill the vegetables and stir in the dressing and remaining ingredients to finish off the bean salad.
- 8 oz snow peas
- 8 oz trimmed green beans
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 1 head garlic
- ¼ cup plus 2 ½ tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 20 pitted black olives
- 1 tablespoon sunflower seeds
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 canned sun-dried tomatoes, drained and cut into strips
- 1 ½ cups thinly sliced red onions
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- Cut the top and bottom off the garlic and wrap it in foil.
- Cook it over a high heat on the grill until it is soft and fragrant.
- This will take about half an hour.
- Peel the garlic cloves and add them to a food processor with 2 tablespoons of the olive oil.
- Process the mixture until you have a paste.
- Add the vinegar, then whisk in another ¼ cup of olive oil, as well as the basil, salt and pepper.
- Boil the green beans and snow peas for 2 minutes, and then transfer them to a bowl of ice water.
- Drain them and pat dry with paper towels.
- Toss the beans and snow peas with the remaining ½ tablespoon of olive oil, add salt, and pepper to taste.
- You can make the recipe up to here a day ahead if you like.
- Just cover the vegetables and dressing separately and refrigerate them.
- Grill the snow peas and beans over a medium hot grill for 2 minutes or until they are starting to go brown, turning them often.
- Transfer them to a bowl, and then add the onion, sun-dried tomato strips, sunflower seeds, and olives.
- Toss the salad with enough of the dressing to coat it, and then serve at room temperature.
What a colorful and appetizing bean salad recipe! The beans and snow peas are glossy in the photo because they are covered in the delicious homemade dressing. The sun-dried tomatoes and olives add a splash of color to this otherwise green dish and this is a really mouthwatering grilled bean salad recipe. As well as being great for a spring or summer appetizer, this bean salad recipe makes a great buffet dish or even something different to bring to a potluck supper. Grilling the beans and snow peas gives them attractive grill marks and helps to make them extra juicy and rich in flavor.
Check Out Some of Our Other Hot Content
Leave a Reply
- Cobb Salad with a Mexican Seafood Twist May 9, 2016
- Simple Cucumber and Onion Salad April 24, 2016
- Classic Potato and Egg Salad with Chives April 15, 2016
- Greek Cucumber and Tomato Salad with Kalamata Olives April 1, 2016
- Chipotle Ranch Potato Salad with Sausage and Corn March 26, 2016
- Mexican Rice Salad with Tuna and Vegetables March 21, 2016
- Vegetarian Summer Five Bean Salad March 13, 2016
- Healthy Waldorf Salad with Baby Spinach March 6, 2016
- Corn and Pasta Salad with Tuna February 28, 2016
- Simple Chopped Egg Salad Recipe February 21, 2016
- Home (16847 Views)
- Lobster Seafood Salad Recipe with Green Onions (8830 Views)
- An Easy Grilled Bean Salad Recipe (3324 Views)
- Warm Grilled Veggie Salad (3288 Views)
- Grilled Pineapple Salad (3130 Views)
- Sweet and Spicy Thai Grilled Vegetables Salad (2646 Views)
- Super-Easy Recipe Four Bean Salad with a Lemon Dressing (2513 Views)
- Asparagus Salad Recipe with Eggplant and Bell Pepper (2437 Views)
- Warm Chicken Breast for Salads Recipes (2407 Views)
- Marinated Chicken Salad with Eggplant (2402 Views)
- Grilled Salad Recipe with Halloumi Cheese (2370 Views)
- Healthy Grilled Bell Pepper Salad (2328 Views)