Traditional Mediterranean Vinaigrette Salad Dressing
This delicious Mediterranean salad dressing blends lime, pepper, garlic, salt, and rosemary with extra-virgin olive oil. You can use this as a salad dressing for mixed Mediterranean salad vegetables or you can even use it as a marinade for chicken or fish. If you plan to make an exciting appetizer salad or side salad with it, you might like to use lettuce, tomatoes, cucumber, red onion, and perhaps something fruity like pineapple chunks. You can use lemon juice instead of lime juice if you prefer but, whichever you choose, use freshly squeezed rather than canned, for the best results.
This recipe makes almost a cup so you can halve it if you want or double it if you want enough Mediterranean vinaigrette salad dressing for a party. This one is really easy to prepare too, since all you need to do is whisk everything together until it is well combined. You can store this Mediterranean salad dressing in a covered container in the refrigerator for a few days if you like, but you will probably need to give it a good shake or stir before serving.
- ¼ cup lime juice
- ⅓ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon hot red pepper flakes
- 1 minced garlic clove
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
- Whisk the lime juice, pepper flakes, garlic, salt, and rosemary together.
- Add the oil in a steady stream.
This wonderful Mediterranean salad dressing is tasty and aromatic. Along with the extra-virgin olive oil we are using lime juice, red pepper flakes, garlic, salt, and rosemary. These fragrant flavors are sure to give your salad an amazing flavor. Although you can drizzle this over any kind of salad leaves, it is particularly nice tossed with cooked potatoes to make a Mediterranean-style potato salad, and then you can pair that with grilled fish filets perhaps. Alternatively try it with a simple lettuce, cucumber, tomato and olive salad, or enjoy it drizzled over chicken, turkey or fish for a tasty of the Mediterranean.
Check Out Some of Our Other Hot Content
Leave a Reply
- Cobb Salad with a Mexican Seafood Twist May 9, 2016
- Simple Cucumber and Onion Salad April 24, 2016
- Classic Potato and Egg Salad with Chives April 15, 2016
- Greek Cucumber and Tomato Salad with Kalamata Olives April 1, 2016
- Chipotle Ranch Potato Salad with Sausage and Corn March 26, 2016
- Mexican Rice Salad with Tuna and Vegetables March 21, 2016
- Vegetarian Summer Five Bean Salad March 13, 2016
- Healthy Waldorf Salad with Baby Spinach March 6, 2016
- Corn and Pasta Salad with Tuna February 28, 2016
- Simple Chopped Egg Salad Recipe February 21, 2016
- Home (16845 Views)
- Lobster Seafood Salad Recipe with Green Onions (8803 Views)
- An Easy Grilled Bean Salad Recipe (3319 Views)
- Warm Grilled Veggie Salad (3287 Views)
- Grilled Pineapple Salad (3125 Views)
- Sweet and Spicy Thai Grilled Vegetables Salad (2640 Views)
- Super-Easy Recipe Four Bean Salad with a Lemon Dressing (2510 Views)
- Asparagus Salad Recipe with Eggplant and Bell Pepper (2435 Views)
- Warm Chicken Breast for Salads Recipes (2405 Views)
- Marinated Chicken Salad with Eggplant (2398 Views)
- Grilled Salad Recipe with Halloumi Cheese (2367 Views)
- Healthy Grilled Bell Pepper Salad (2324 Views)