Garlic and Avocado Salad Dressing
This recipe makes enough avocado salad dressing (sometimes incorrectly spelt avocado salad dressing) for one large bowl of salad. You can either use the dressing right away or store it covered in the refrigerator for up to a week. Bear in mind olive oil solidifies in the refrigerator but it melts quite fast at room temperature again. Quite often, with Mexican salad recipes and similar, the avocado is chopped or sliced and served in the salad and then another kind of salad dressing is served with it. Sometimes the avocado is sliced in half, the stone is taken out, and it is filled with shrimp salad or something like that.
This recipe takes the idea of combining avocado and salad to the next level. This delicious avocado salad dressing goes with a wide range of different salads. Try it over mixed salad leaves or even with a Mexican style salad. The heat from the mustard and creamy avocado would complement Mexican salad ingredients like queso blanco, queso fresco, tomato, black beans, jicama, tomatillo, corn kernels, and bell pepper.
- 1 minced garlic clove
- ½ teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 mashed avocado
- ¼ teaspoon dry mustard
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Puree all the ingredients in a food processer or whisk them in a small bowl.
- Alternatively you can put everything in a jar and shake to blend, but make sure you mash or chop the avocado first.
This thick and creamy avocado dressing is amazing served with a simple salad, perhaps your favorite mixed leaves or even some romaine. Add fruit, cheese and/or nuts for texture variety, and make this shortly before serving to keep it really fresh. This dressing is simple to prepare. Just pulse everything together in your food processor, or else you can combine the ingredients by hand if you prefer. The result is something really flavorful with an avocado flavor, and hints of garlic, lemon and mustard. Because it is so thick, this also makes a nice dip for crackers, chips or vegetable crudités.
Check Out Some of Our Other Hot Content
Leave a Reply
- Cobb Salad with a Mexican Seafood Twist May 9, 2016
- Simple Cucumber and Onion Salad April 24, 2016
- Classic Potato and Egg Salad with Chives April 15, 2016
- Greek Cucumber and Tomato Salad with Kalamata Olives April 1, 2016
- Chipotle Ranch Potato Salad with Sausage and Corn March 26, 2016
- Mexican Rice Salad with Tuna and Vegetables March 21, 2016
- Vegetarian Summer Five Bean Salad March 13, 2016
- Healthy Waldorf Salad with Baby Spinach March 6, 2016
- Corn and Pasta Salad with Tuna February 28, 2016
- Simple Chopped Egg Salad Recipe February 21, 2016
- Home (16845 Views)
- Lobster Seafood Salad Recipe with Green Onions (8799 Views)
- An Easy Grilled Bean Salad Recipe (3315 Views)
- Warm Grilled Veggie Salad (3285 Views)
- Grilled Pineapple Salad (3120 Views)
- Sweet and Spicy Thai Grilled Vegetables Salad (2637 Views)
- Super-Easy Recipe Four Bean Salad with a Lemon Dressing (2505 Views)
- Asparagus Salad Recipe with Eggplant and Bell Pepper (2431 Views)
- Warm Chicken Breast for Salads Recipes (2401 Views)
- Marinated Chicken Salad with Eggplant (2398 Views)
- Grilled Salad Recipe with Halloumi Cheese (2365 Views)
- Healthy Grilled Bell Pepper Salad (2323 Views)