Easy Lemon Basil Salad Dressing Recipe
This simple yet tasty lemon basil salad dressing recipe consists of lemon, basil and extra-virgin olive oil, as well as a little salt and black pepper for extra flavor. Basil features in many simple salad recipes, as well as many of the dressings. You can use whole basil leaves, minced ones or even dried basil sometimes, depending on the recipe. This dressing is nice served over all kinds of salad recipes but it is especially good drizzled over sliced ripe tomatoes. You can use lime juice instead of the lemon juice if you want a different taste, and swap the lemon zest for lime zest too.
Use extra-virgin olive oil instead of regular olive oil though – it just has a nicer taste. You must use fresh basil in this recipe as well, since dried basil cannot complete with the wonderful flavor fresh basil offers. Perhaps you are growing your own basil, in which case this lemon basil salad dressing recipe would be a nice way to showcase it.
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 ½ tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 10 finely chopped basil leaves
- ¼ teaspoon lemon zest
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- Whisk the lemon juice, extra-virgin olive oil, lemon zest, salt and black pepper together.
- Refrigerate the dressing until you are ready to serve it, and then stir in the basil just before you serve the dressing.
- If you add the basil any sooner it will go black and not look so good.
Basil and lemon come together with extra-virgin olive oil to make this very simple yet effective salad dressing. The bright tang of the lemon and soft, aromatic appeal of the basil blend beautifully with the extra-virgin olive oil and the result is fresh-tasting and delicious. Although there are many types of salads this basil-lemon dressing could go with, it is especially good with chicken or seafood salads because of the affinity both lemon and basil have with these proteins, or try it over mixed leaves, perhaps adding nuts and crumbled cheese to keep the texture interesting.
Check Out Some of Our Other Hot Content
Leave a Reply
- Cobb Salad with a Mexican Seafood Twist May 9, 2016
- Simple Cucumber and Onion Salad April 24, 2016
- Classic Potato and Egg Salad with Chives April 15, 2016
- Greek Cucumber and Tomato Salad with Kalamata Olives April 1, 2016
- Chipotle Ranch Potato Salad with Sausage and Corn March 26, 2016
- Mexican Rice Salad with Tuna and Vegetables March 21, 2016
- Vegetarian Summer Five Bean Salad March 13, 2016
- Healthy Waldorf Salad with Baby Spinach March 6, 2016
- Corn and Pasta Salad with Tuna February 28, 2016
- Simple Chopped Egg Salad Recipe February 21, 2016
- Home (16847 Views)
- Lobster Seafood Salad Recipe with Green Onions (8810 Views)
- An Easy Grilled Bean Salad Recipe (3322 Views)
- Warm Grilled Veggie Salad (3287 Views)
- Grilled Pineapple Salad (3128 Views)
- Sweet and Spicy Thai Grilled Vegetables Salad (2643 Views)
- Super-Easy Recipe Four Bean Salad with a Lemon Dressing (2511 Views)
- Asparagus Salad Recipe with Eggplant and Bell Pepper (2435 Views)
- Warm Chicken Breast for Salads Recipes (2407 Views)
- Marinated Chicken Salad with Eggplant (2400 Views)
- Grilled Salad Recipe with Halloumi Cheese (2368 Views)
- Healthy Grilled Bell Pepper Salad (2325 Views)