Dijon Mustard Pear Walnut Salad Dressing
This delicious pear walnut salad dressing only contains five ingredients (as well as some salt and black pepper) and it is the perfect accompaniment to a pear walnut salad. To make the salad, you can toss five ounces of mixed baby salad leaves with the dressing and then add a couple of halved, cored, lengthwise-sliced pears, a cup of chopped toasted walnuts and, if you like, a cup of crumbled blue cheese. The lemon, mustard, shallot, and thyme flavors in the pear walnut salad dressing would taste delicious with such a salad.
Pears and walnuts combine in various salad recipes and other dishes, because fruit and nuts are natural partners and also because the savory nuttiness of the walnuts is just such a mouthwateringly good contrast with the grainy sweetness of ripe pears. You could use the following pear walnut salad dressing to dress another kind of salad if you wanted to but it goes so well with both pears and walnuts that it is best to use it for that one.
- ½ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 ½ teaspoons chopped fresh thyme
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 minced shallot
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- Whisk the thyme, lemon juice, Dijon mustard and shallot together.
- Whisk in the extra-virgin olive oil gradually.
- Add salt and black pepper to taste.
A simple salad, with fruity elements, such as baby spinach with pear and walnuts, is wonderful served with a piquant dressing to contrast with the fruit while enhancing the flavor of the overall dish. This is a very simple salad dressing boasting the piquant tastes of mustard and shallot, along with the bright flair of lemon and a distinctive, herby thyme flavor. You will love how this tastes with the spinach, pear and walnuts, or you might like to try it over a salad of baby leaves, strawberries and goat’s cheese perhaps.
Check Out Some of Our Other Hot Content
Leave a Reply
- Cobb Salad with a Mexican Seafood Twist May 9, 2016
- Simple Cucumber and Onion Salad April 24, 2016
- Classic Potato and Egg Salad with Chives April 15, 2016
- Greek Cucumber and Tomato Salad with Kalamata Olives April 1, 2016
- Chipotle Ranch Potato Salad with Sausage and Corn March 26, 2016
- Mexican Rice Salad with Tuna and Vegetables March 21, 2016
- Vegetarian Summer Five Bean Salad March 13, 2016
- Healthy Waldorf Salad with Baby Spinach March 6, 2016
- Corn and Pasta Salad with Tuna February 28, 2016
- Simple Chopped Egg Salad Recipe February 21, 2016
- Home (16847 Views)
- Lobster Seafood Salad Recipe with Green Onions (8810 Views)
- An Easy Grilled Bean Salad Recipe (3322 Views)
- Warm Grilled Veggie Salad (3287 Views)
- Grilled Pineapple Salad (3128 Views)
- Sweet and Spicy Thai Grilled Vegetables Salad (2643 Views)
- Super-Easy Recipe Four Bean Salad with a Lemon Dressing (2511 Views)
- Asparagus Salad Recipe with Eggplant and Bell Pepper (2435 Views)
- Warm Chicken Breast for Salads Recipes (2407 Views)
- Marinated Chicken Salad with Eggplant (2400 Views)
- Grilled Salad Recipe with Halloumi Cheese (2368 Views)
- Healthy Grilled Bell Pepper Salad (2325 Views)