Cherry Salad Dressing with Roasted Onions
This amazing recipe blends just five ingredients together to result in something truly delicious. The caramelized onions will be rich and sweet, going perfectly with the sweet cherry juice concentrate. The lime and mustard add tanginess and piquancy which contrast really well with the sweet ingredients.
This tasty roasted onion and cherry salad dressing is going to be full-flavored enough to serve on a simple salad of lettuce leaves and croutons. It would also be good on plain grilled vegetables or on another kind of salad, as long as there is not too much going on with the salad itself flavor-wise.
What makes this dressing especially amazing is roasting the onions before incorporating them into the dressing. If you have not prepared such a dish before prepare to be amazed at the wealth of flavor the onions offer and how they work just beautifully in this dressing. Once you have roasted the onions you can blend them with the other ingredients until everything is well mixed together, then try this over your favorite salad leaves, with grilled veggies, or even over chicken. This dressing is perfectly balanced and certainly lacks nothing in the flavor department. This unusual recipe is sure to be a hit with the whole family.
- 3 tablespoons cherry juice concentrate
- 1 yellow onion
- ¼ cup lime juice
- ¼ cup plus 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- Salt and black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Peel the onion and cut it into 8 wedges. Arrange them cut side down on a baking sheet.
- Drizzle 1 teaspoon of the olive oil over them and roast for 15 minutes.
- Flip the wedges over and roast for 15 more minutes or until they are brown and caramelized.
- Let the onion wedges cool then add them to a food processor bowl with the mustard, cherry juice concentrate and lime juice.
- Puree until thick and smooth. You can add a tablespoon of water if it is too thick to puree properly.
- Add the rest of the oil in a thin stream.
- Season to taste with salt and black pepper.
Try this tangy salad dressing over something simple like mixed leaves or grilled romaine wedges, or enjoy it with something more colorful. The caramelized onion and cherry juice blend their sweet flavors with the piquancy of lime and mustard to make this incredible dressing, and if you make it once you will be sure to want it again because it tastes incredible. Making your own salad dressings can be as simple as you want and this one is quick and easy to make. Just caramelize the onions in the oven then combine them with the other ingredients.
Check Out Some of Our Other Hot Content
Leave a Reply
- Cobb Salad with a Mexican Seafood Twist May 9, 2016
- Simple Cucumber and Onion Salad April 24, 2016
- Classic Potato and Egg Salad with Chives April 15, 2016
- Greek Cucumber and Tomato Salad with Kalamata Olives April 1, 2016
- Chipotle Ranch Potato Salad with Sausage and Corn March 26, 2016
- Mexican Rice Salad with Tuna and Vegetables March 21, 2016
- Vegetarian Summer Five Bean Salad March 13, 2016
- Healthy Waldorf Salad with Baby Spinach March 6, 2016
- Corn and Pasta Salad with Tuna February 28, 2016
- Simple Chopped Egg Salad Recipe February 21, 2016
- Home (16845 Views)
- Lobster Seafood Salad Recipe with Green Onions (8801 Views)
- An Easy Grilled Bean Salad Recipe (3317 Views)
- Warm Grilled Veggie Salad (3287 Views)
- Grilled Pineapple Salad (3125 Views)
- Sweet and Spicy Thai Grilled Vegetables Salad (2640 Views)
- Super-Easy Recipe Four Bean Salad with a Lemon Dressing (2507 Views)
- Asparagus Salad Recipe with Eggplant and Bell Pepper (2433 Views)
- Warm Chicken Breast for Salads Recipes (2404 Views)
- Marinated Chicken Salad with Eggplant (2398 Views)
- Grilled Salad Recipe with Halloumi Cheese (2367 Views)
- Healthy Grilled Bell Pepper Salad (2324 Views)