Super-Crunchy Garden Salad with Baby Carrots
Use your favorite kind of lettuce in this garden salad recipe. Romaine, green leaf or a bag of mixed baby leaves would all work well. You can decide how you want to serve it too, whether you just want to toss the whole lot together or whether you prefer to divide the lettuce between the plates and then arrange the toppings on it. One key rule though is not to add the dressing until just before serving else your crispy garden salad recipe might become a soggy one instead.
There are lots of garden salad recipes to choose from but this one is extra crunchy and extra colorful, so you could do a lot worse. The dressing contains garlic, herbs, mustard, apple juice and more, so it has plenty of dimension. If you like your salad swimming in dressing (some people do) you can double the dressing recipe, else you can just make the stated amount, and it should be sufficient for most people’s needs.
This fresh garden salad really looks the part; if you are making this for a potluck supper or buffet you can count on it being an eye-catching dish. If you do want to take this to a potluck event, by the way, you can toss the salad ingredients together and put them in a tightly-sealed container. Keep the dressing in another container and combine the two just before serving. The salad ingredients are best served chilled but the dressing can be served at room temperature and it is more fragrant and aromatic that way anyway.
- 5 cups shredded lettuce
- 10 baby carrots
- 12 cucumber slices
- 10 cherry tomatoes
- 2 chopped green onions
- ½ chopped red bell pepper
- ½ chopped yellow bell pepper
- 1 cup sliced radishes
- 1 teaspoon white sugar
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 minced garlic clove
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- ⅛ teaspoon black pepper
- 3 tablespoons apple juice
- ½ teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Divide the shredded lettuce between 4 serving plates.
- Arrange the carrots, cucumber slices, cherry tomatoes, green onions, bell pepper, and radishes on top.
- Whisk the sugar, extra-virgin olive oil, garlic, oregano, vinegar, black pepper, apple juice, and mustard together to make the dressing.
- Drizzle the dressing over the garden salad and serve the dressed salad right away.
- Alternatively you can serve the dressing on the side.
Most garden salad recipes are colorful but this one is really colorful, blending red, orange, yellow, and various shades of green. It is a very appetizing recipe for garden salad which would be great at lunchtime or dinnertime, and as a snack, appetizer, and side dish or even as the main event if you add some chicken or shrimp perhaps. It is handy to see photos when choosing which salad recipe to make because some salads look boring (but might taste good!) and if you are having a dinner party or another event, you will want to present something which looks good as well as tasting good.
Check Out Some of Our Other Hot Content
Leave a Reply
- Cobb Salad with a Mexican Seafood Twist May 9, 2016
- Simple Cucumber and Onion Salad April 24, 2016
- Classic Potato and Egg Salad with Chives April 15, 2016
- Greek Cucumber and Tomato Salad with Kalamata Olives April 1, 2016
- Chipotle Ranch Potato Salad with Sausage and Corn March 26, 2016
- Mexican Rice Salad with Tuna and Vegetables March 21, 2016
- Vegetarian Summer Five Bean Salad March 13, 2016
- Healthy Waldorf Salad with Baby Spinach March 6, 2016
- Corn and Pasta Salad with Tuna February 28, 2016
- Simple Chopped Egg Salad Recipe February 21, 2016
- Home (16864 Views)
- Lobster Seafood Salad Recipe with Green Onions (8886 Views)
- An Easy Grilled Bean Salad Recipe (3358 Views)
- Warm Grilled Veggie Salad (3310 Views)
- Grilled Pineapple Salad (3168 Views)
- Sweet and Spicy Thai Grilled Vegetables Salad (2670 Views)
- Super-Easy Recipe Four Bean Salad with a Lemon Dressing (2539 Views)
- Asparagus Salad Recipe with Eggplant and Bell Pepper (2456 Views)
- Warm Chicken Breast for Salads Recipes (2428 Views)
- Marinated Chicken Salad with Eggplant (2415 Views)
- Grilled Salad Recipe with Halloumi Cheese (2387 Views)
- Healthy Grilled Bell Pepper Salad (2345 Views)