Recipe for Grilled Vegetable Salad with a Spiced Garlic Dressing
If you fancy something spicy but chilled, what about making this simple recipe for grilled vegetable salad? The celery, cauliflower, broccoli, bell peppers, okra and onion are cooked in foil packets, with a garlic, herb and spice dressing, to give them lots of flavor. If you do not have foil, you could marinate the vegetables in the dressing for an hour and then cook them in a grill basket instead. The foil is mainly to seal in the flavor and stop the dressing from leaking out. Feel free to vary the vegetables if you want to use different ones.
You can eat broccoli and cauliflower raw in salad recipes so if the grill leaves them al dente rather than soft, that is actually better. It is nice to have crunchy vegetables sometimes instead of very tender ones. This is a colorful and appetizing looking grilled vegetable salad recipe and the garlic, oregano, mustard, cumin and chili powder adds the right balance of flavor and spice to complement the grilled vegetables without overpowering their natural flavors.
Serve this tasty recipe for grilled vegetable salad with some crusty bread and butter. You can grill the bread actually, if you still have the grill on when the salad is ready, because the grill marks look good on it. Buttered couscous is another option for a side dish.
- 4 chopped ribs celery
- ½ head cauliflower, in florets
- ½ head broccoli, in florets
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 orange bell pepper
- 1 chopped red onion
- 4 oz chopped okra
- 1 minced clove garlic
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon oregano
- ¼ teaspoon mustard powder
- ¼ teaspoon cumin
- ⅛ teaspoon chili powder
- Chop the bell peppers into strips, discarding the stems and seeds.
- Toss the celery, cauliflower, broccoli, bell pepper, okra and onion together in a bowl.
- Divide this mixture between 4 large aluminum foil squares.
- Whisk the garlic, vinegar, olive oil, oregano, mustard powder, cumin, and chili together.
- Bring the foil corners up so you can pour the dressing into them without any leaking out.
- When you have added the dressing to the foil packets, twist the foil on top to seal them.
- Grill the foil packets about 5 inches from moderately hot coals for about 15 minutes or until the vegetables are tender.
- Empty the foil packets into a glass dish and let the vegetables sit in the refrigerator for 2 hours or until they are very cold.
- Serve chilled with a creamy dressing or dip on the side.
Grilled vegetables are versatile and can be served hot, warm, or chilled. If you want to make a recipe for grilled vegetable salad, it is best to make it ahead and then you will have sufficient time to chill the cooked veggies. This grilled vegetable salad recipe combines different colors, flavors and textures with a simple yet full flavored dressing for great results. This is a healthy dish for weight watchers and a tasty dish for everybody. You can serve it as a side dish, appetizer, or entree.
Check Out Some of Our Other Hot Content
Leave a Reply
- Cobb Salad with a Mexican Seafood Twist May 9, 2016
- Simple Cucumber and Onion Salad April 24, 2016
- Classic Potato and Egg Salad with Chives April 15, 2016
- Greek Cucumber and Tomato Salad with Kalamata Olives April 1, 2016
- Chipotle Ranch Potato Salad with Sausage and Corn March 26, 2016
- Mexican Rice Salad with Tuna and Vegetables March 21, 2016
- Vegetarian Summer Five Bean Salad March 13, 2016
- Healthy Waldorf Salad with Baby Spinach March 6, 2016
- Corn and Pasta Salad with Tuna February 28, 2016
- Simple Chopped Egg Salad Recipe February 21, 2016
- Home (16847 Views)
- Lobster Seafood Salad Recipe with Green Onions (8830 Views)
- An Easy Grilled Bean Salad Recipe (3324 Views)
- Warm Grilled Veggie Salad (3290 Views)
- Grilled Pineapple Salad (3130 Views)
- Sweet and Spicy Thai Grilled Vegetables Salad (2646 Views)
- Super-Easy Recipe Four Bean Salad with a Lemon Dressing (2513 Views)
- Asparagus Salad Recipe with Eggplant and Bell Pepper (2437 Views)
- Warm Chicken Breast for Salads Recipes (2407 Views)
- Marinated Chicken Salad with Eggplant (2402 Views)
- Grilled Salad Recipe with Halloumi Cheese (2370 Views)
- Healthy Grilled Bell Pepper Salad (2328 Views)