Lemon Fennel Salad Dressing
This lemon fennel salad dressing, which is especially gorgeous with grilled sea scallops, is also nice with any seafood salad. Containing lemon juice, red wine vinegar, and Dijon mustard this is a full-flavored dressing which is softened slightly by the addition of extra-virgin olive oil and the unmistakable taste of fennel. Fennel is a flavorful and highly aromatic herb. It can be used medicinally or in recipes. Fennel is one of the primary ingredients in absinthe, along with anise which tastes similar. Fennel comes as a dried herb or you can get fresh fennel plants to use raw or cooked.
You can use fennel fronds as well as the fennel tops here. The fronds have a very delicate flavor and are great for making infused oil (simply combine some extra-virgin olive oil with finely chopped fennel fronds and garlic) or for adding to soups. You can also sprinkle them on the crème fraiche or whipped cream you garnish your soup with, for an elegant look. Use chopped raw fennel in the salad itself for a stronger flavor. Fennel is an ingredient you either love or hate. If you love it, this recipe is for you.
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fennel tops
- ⅓ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- Whisk the vinegar, lemon juice, and mustard together and add a pinch each of salt and black pepper.
- Whisk in the extra-virgin olive oil slowly until it emulsifies, then stir in the fennel tops.
Enjoy this lemon and fennel dressing, with its special mustard piquancy, over scallops, shrimp or fish, or try it over mixed salad greens, maybe with something creamy like goat’s cheese to cut through the piquant taste of the dressing. This is very easy to make since you only have to blend the ingredients together, and this recipe makes enough dressing for about 8 servings. You can keep it for a couple of days in an airtight container, giving it a good shake before using it in case the ingredients have separated.
Check Out Some of Our Other Hot Content
Leave a Reply
- Cobb Salad with a Mexican Seafood Twist May 9, 2016
- Simple Cucumber and Onion Salad April 24, 2016
- Classic Potato and Egg Salad with Chives April 15, 2016
- Greek Cucumber and Tomato Salad with Kalamata Olives April 1, 2016
- Chipotle Ranch Potato Salad with Sausage and Corn March 26, 2016
- Mexican Rice Salad with Tuna and Vegetables March 21, 2016
- Vegetarian Summer Five Bean Salad March 13, 2016
- Healthy Waldorf Salad with Baby Spinach March 6, 2016
- Corn and Pasta Salad with Tuna February 28, 2016
- Simple Chopped Egg Salad Recipe February 21, 2016
- Home (16863 Views)
- Lobster Seafood Salad Recipe with Green Onions (8886 Views)
- An Easy Grilled Bean Salad Recipe (3358 Views)
- Warm Grilled Veggie Salad (3308 Views)
- Grilled Pineapple Salad (3168 Views)
- Sweet and Spicy Thai Grilled Vegetables Salad (2669 Views)
- Super-Easy Recipe Four Bean Salad with a Lemon Dressing (2539 Views)
- Asparagus Salad Recipe with Eggplant and Bell Pepper (2455 Views)
- Warm Chicken Breast for Salads Recipes (2428 Views)
- Marinated Chicken Salad with Eggplant (2415 Views)
- Grilled Salad Recipe with Halloumi Cheese (2387 Views)
- Healthy Grilled Bell Pepper Salad (2345 Views)