Herbed Oil and Vinegar Salad Dressing Recipe
This is such an easy dressing to prepare and the ingredients list is minimal. When making an oil and vinegar salad dressing recipe, it is up to you whether you simply go for the classic three parts oil to one part vinegar approach or whether you use fresh herbs to add a more interesting taste to the mixture. This recipe uses thyme and oregano to add interest. Use fresh herbs rather than dried ones. Dried herbs are fine for some recipes but they will not work in this one. Also the fresh sprigs look attractive in the bottle you are keeping the dressing in.
This oil and vinegar salad dressing is best kept at room temperature and the thyme and oregano will leach their flavors out into the dressing over time, giving the dressing an aromatic flavor which you simply cannot get with store-bought salad dressings which often contain a lot of unnecessary chemicals and other additives. The flavor of this oil and vinegar salad dressing recipe is pure and clean, and it is delicious for dipping bread into, as well as drizzled over a salad.
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 sprig fresh thyme
- 1 sprig fresh oregano
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- Combine all the ingredients in a glass mixing bowl.
- Stir and pour the mixture into a bottle, using a funnel.
- Cover tightly and store at room temperature.
Oil and vinegar are often paired to make salad dressing, but this recipe takes the premise a little further by incorporating herbs into the mixture. Fresh herbs are always great at imparting a delicate, aromatic taste, and in this recipe the warm, earthy flavors of thyme and oregano complement the sweetness of the balsamic vinegar, while the extra-virgin olive oil holds everything together, bridging the flavors of the balsamic vinegar and herbs. Try this delicious mixture over mixed salad leaves, a meat or fish based salad, grilled vegetables, or your favorite chef’s salad recipe.
Check Out Some of Our Other Hot Content
Leave a Reply
- Cobb Salad with a Mexican Seafood Twist May 9, 2016
- Simple Cucumber and Onion Salad April 24, 2016
- Classic Potato and Egg Salad with Chives April 15, 2016
- Greek Cucumber and Tomato Salad with Kalamata Olives April 1, 2016
- Chipotle Ranch Potato Salad with Sausage and Corn March 26, 2016
- Mexican Rice Salad with Tuna and Vegetables March 21, 2016
- Vegetarian Summer Five Bean Salad March 13, 2016
- Healthy Waldorf Salad with Baby Spinach March 6, 2016
- Corn and Pasta Salad with Tuna February 28, 2016
- Simple Chopped Egg Salad Recipe February 21, 2016
- Home (16845 Views)
- Lobster Seafood Salad Recipe with Green Onions (8799 Views)
- An Easy Grilled Bean Salad Recipe (3317 Views)
- Warm Grilled Veggie Salad (3287 Views)
- Grilled Pineapple Salad (3122 Views)
- Sweet and Spicy Thai Grilled Vegetables Salad (2638 Views)
- Super-Easy Recipe Four Bean Salad with a Lemon Dressing (2506 Views)
- Asparagus Salad Recipe with Eggplant and Bell Pepper (2432 Views)
- Warm Chicken Breast for Salads Recipes (2404 Views)
- Marinated Chicken Salad with Eggplant (2398 Views)
- Grilled Salad Recipe with Halloumi Cheese (2366 Views)
- Healthy Grilled Bell Pepper Salad (2324 Views)