Fun and Fruity Home Made Salad Dressings
Homemade salad dressings with fruit are very popular, offering a sweet and juicy touch which will complement almost any green salad. The following dressing is really nice. It is especially good with a chicken and spinach salad, and you can use your imagination and creativity to find more possibilities. Why not add some chopped strawberries to your salad, since this is one of the home made salad dressings to contain strawberry puree? That would give you a wonderful fruity taste.
This salad dressing recipe makes enough to dress eight salads, if you add about two tablespoons to each one. The sugar or sweetener is optional in this recipe and you might not need it if you are using very sweet strawberries. If strawberries are out of season you can use thawed (or well-drained canned) ones instead, since they are pureed anyway. The mustard gives the dressing a nice piquancy and mustard is always good to use in salad dressing recipes because it helps to hold the dressing together.
- ½ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- ½ cup sliced strawberries
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar or red wine vinegar
- Superfine white sugar or liquid sweetener, to taste (optional)
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- Puree the strawberries in a food processor or blender, and then blend in the mustard, vinegar, and seasonings.
- Add the extra-virgin olive oil, blending until creamy.
- Taste the salad dressing and add more salt and black pepper if necessary.
Is there anything better then nice juicy fresh strawberries? Yes strawberries used in salad dressing and strawberries in salad in general offer a nice contrast to many of the other items in salad. I mean is there anything better than the taste of a salad with baby spinach, strawberries and gorgonzola cheese or maybe feta cheese if you are not a blue cheese fan. I love when strawberries are in season and I can add them to my salad when everyone else is think desserts with strawberries I am reaching to add them to salad.
Picture, recipes and/or content upgraded: 02-23-16
Check Out Some of Our Other Hot Content
Leave a Reply
- Cobb Salad with a Mexican Seafood Twist May 9, 2016
- Simple Cucumber and Onion Salad April 24, 2016
- Classic Potato and Egg Salad with Chives April 15, 2016
- Greek Cucumber and Tomato Salad with Kalamata Olives April 1, 2016
- Chipotle Ranch Potato Salad with Sausage and Corn March 26, 2016
- Mexican Rice Salad with Tuna and Vegetables March 21, 2016
- Vegetarian Summer Five Bean Salad March 13, 2016
- Healthy Waldorf Salad with Baby Spinach March 6, 2016
- Corn and Pasta Salad with Tuna February 28, 2016
- Simple Chopped Egg Salad Recipe February 21, 2016
- Home (16847 Views)
- Lobster Seafood Salad Recipe with Green Onions (8810 Views)
- An Easy Grilled Bean Salad Recipe (3322 Views)
- Warm Grilled Veggie Salad (3287 Views)
- Grilled Pineapple Salad (3128 Views)
- Sweet and Spicy Thai Grilled Vegetables Salad (2643 Views)
- Super-Easy Recipe Four Bean Salad with a Lemon Dressing (2511 Views)
- Asparagus Salad Recipe with Eggplant and Bell Pepper (2435 Views)
- Warm Chicken Breast for Salads Recipes (2407 Views)
- Marinated Chicken Salad with Eggplant (2400 Views)
- Grilled Salad Recipe with Halloumi Cheese (2368 Views)
- Healthy Grilled Bell Pepper Salad (2325 Views)