Easy Pomegranate Salad Dressing
Pomegranates can be used to make a pomegranate salad dressing. This fruit is also used to make desserts and beverages. Pomegranate juice ranges from sour to sweet, although most fruits have a flavor somewhere between these two extremes. Pomegranate juice as a drink has been popular in Indian and Persian cuisine for a long time, and has been gaining popularity in the US and Canada over the past decade. Pomegranate syrup, or grenadine syrup as it is also known, is sweetened, thickened pomegranate juice.
It was used in a lot of Iranian recipes before tomatoes were introduced to the Middle East. The seeds of the fruit can be combined with ingredients like spinach, walnuts and feta cheese to make tangy, tasty salad recipes, but in the following pomegranate salad dressing, we are using pomegranate syrup, since it is sweet and rich, and goes nicely with the rice vinegar and lemon juice to balance out the otherwise tart taste.
- 2 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Juice of ½ lemon
- 2 tablespoons pomegranate syrup (grenadine syrup)
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- Whisk everything together.
- Pour the dressing over your favorite salad.
The vivid red of pomegranate promises not only an appetizing color but plenty of sweet, fruity flavor. When combined with tangy lemon juice, extra-virgin olive oil and rice vinegar, along with a touch of salt and black pepper, this makes a wonderful salad dressing with an exotic Middle Eastern flair. Try it with baby spinach leaves, feta cheese and walnuts, or over mixed salad leaves with your favorite toppings. If you cannot find pomegranate syrup in your local grocery store, try an international food market. This salad dressing can be prepared in just a few minutes.
Check Out Some of Our Other Hot Content
Leave a Reply
- Cobb Salad with a Mexican Seafood Twist May 9, 2016
- Simple Cucumber and Onion Salad April 24, 2016
- Classic Potato and Egg Salad with Chives April 15, 2016
- Greek Cucumber and Tomato Salad with Kalamata Olives April 1, 2016
- Chipotle Ranch Potato Salad with Sausage and Corn March 26, 2016
- Mexican Rice Salad with Tuna and Vegetables March 21, 2016
- Vegetarian Summer Five Bean Salad March 13, 2016
- Healthy Waldorf Salad with Baby Spinach March 6, 2016
- Corn and Pasta Salad with Tuna February 28, 2016
- Simple Chopped Egg Salad Recipe February 21, 2016
- Home (16845 Views)
- Lobster Seafood Salad Recipe with Green Onions (8805 Views)
- An Easy Grilled Bean Salad Recipe (3319 Views)
- Warm Grilled Veggie Salad (3287 Views)
- Grilled Pineapple Salad (3127 Views)
- Sweet and Spicy Thai Grilled Vegetables Salad (2641 Views)
- Super-Easy Recipe Four Bean Salad with a Lemon Dressing (2510 Views)
- Asparagus Salad Recipe with Eggplant and Bell Pepper (2435 Views)
- Warm Chicken Breast for Salads Recipes (2405 Views)
- Marinated Chicken Salad with Eggplant (2398 Views)
- Grilled Salad Recipe with Halloumi Cheese (2367 Views)
- Healthy Grilled Bell Pepper Salad (2324 Views)