Blackberry Salad Dressing Recipe with Shallots
Serve this flavorful salad dressing over half a pound of mixed greens. You can add quarter of a cup of toasted chopped walnuts and perhaps some cheesy croutons too, if you like. This delicious blackberry salad dressing recipe will keep in the refrigerator for up to a week, so make it in advance if you want.
The honey, balsamic vinegar and blackberries gives this blackberry salad dressing recipe plenty of sweetness, and the shallots, Dijon mustard and berry vinegar provide a great contrast, making this a well-balanced dressing for any salad. If you cannot find blackberry vinegar or raspberry vinegar, you can just use balsamic vinegar, although that will give this blackberry salad dressing recipe a slightly different taste.
Perhaps you are stuck in a bit of a salad dressing rut, turning to the ranch or Caesar every time, or making an oil and vinegar dressing or another family favorite. If you are in the mood for something new though, why not try this delicious blackberry dressing, because it offers a delicious sweetness and it is simple to prepare as well? The tang of the mustard, shallots and vinegar are so good combined with the sweeter ingredients like the honey and of course the berries, and this is a versatile dressing as well as a very special and unusual one.
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 teaspoons minced shallots
- 1 ½ cups fresh or thawed blackberries
- ½ teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons blackberry vinegar or raspberry vinegar
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- ¼ teaspoon minced garlic
- ½ cup olive oil
- Salt and black pepper
- Combine ½ cup of the blackberries with the garlic, mustard, shallots, vinegars, and honey in the blender.
- Process on a high speed for about 10 seconds.
- Stop and scrape down the sides, then drizzle in the oil until the dressing is smooth and thick.
- Add the remaining blackberries then add salt and black pepper to taste. Puree for another few seconds, to blend the flavors.
- Strain the dressing through a sieve.
This unusual dressing pairs the sweet flavors of blackberries and honey with vinegar, shallots and other savory flavors, and the result is an amazing flavored dressing which is great drizzled over your favorite kind of salad leaves. Add some walnut halves if you like, or cherry tomatoes, or even cheese croutons, and the result will be a gourmet salad boasting some wonderful flavors. Blackberries are often used to make dessert but why not try them in a dressing recipe? The result is just so tasty, you will love it.
Check Out Some of Our Other Hot Content
Leave a Reply
- Cobb Salad with a Mexican Seafood Twist May 9, 2016
- Simple Cucumber and Onion Salad April 24, 2016
- Classic Potato and Egg Salad with Chives April 15, 2016
- Greek Cucumber and Tomato Salad with Kalamata Olives April 1, 2016
- Chipotle Ranch Potato Salad with Sausage and Corn March 26, 2016
- Mexican Rice Salad with Tuna and Vegetables March 21, 2016
- Vegetarian Summer Five Bean Salad March 13, 2016
- Healthy Waldorf Salad with Baby Spinach March 6, 2016
- Corn and Pasta Salad with Tuna February 28, 2016
- Simple Chopped Egg Salad Recipe February 21, 2016
- Home (16845 Views)
- Lobster Seafood Salad Recipe with Green Onions (8799 Views)
- An Easy Grilled Bean Salad Recipe (3317 Views)
- Warm Grilled Veggie Salad (3287 Views)
- Grilled Pineapple Salad (3123 Views)
- Sweet and Spicy Thai Grilled Vegetables Salad (2639 Views)
- Super-Easy Recipe Four Bean Salad with a Lemon Dressing (2506 Views)
- Asparagus Salad Recipe with Eggplant and Bell Pepper (2432 Views)
- Warm Chicken Breast for Salads Recipes (2404 Views)
- Marinated Chicken Salad with Eggplant (2398 Views)
- Grilled Salad Recipe with Halloumi Cheese (2366 Views)
- Healthy Grilled Bell Pepper Salad (2324 Views)