Pasta Salad Dressing with Sour Cream
This easy pasta salad dressing is made with lemon, sour cream, and herbs. It is nice tossed with a whole wheat pasta salad. Add some radishes, green onion and sliced radishes for a hearty lunchtime treat. If you use a pound of pasta, this will serve four people as a main course or up to eight as a side dish for grilled meat or chicken.
Use fresh herbs for a more subtle and better result, and use fresh lemon juice and zest for the same reason. If you want to make up your own pasta salad recipe, you can stir this dressing with a pound of cooked pasta plus your favorite additions. Possible additions include cucumber, cheese, olives, capers, sun-dried tomatoes, walnuts, pine nuts, steamed broccoli, shrimp, chicken, or corn. Use your judgment when adding things. You can add two or three things or you can add lots. It is best to chop everything more or less the same size.
As you can see, this dressing is quick and easy to prepare, and you will be able to taste all the wonderful flavors we are adding into it. The aromatic fresh herbs and lemon give it so much fresh flavor appeal.
- 2 tablespoons chopped dill
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives
- ¾ cup sour cream
- 1 cup chopped fresh parsley
- Zest of 2 lemons
- Juice of ½ lemon
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- Whisk the dill, chives, cream, parsley, and lemon zest and lemon juice together.
- Season with salt and black pepper to taste.
A pasta salad is always a great idea, whether you are searching for side dish ideas, lunch recipes or something to take to a buffet or potluck dinner. This dressing is made with lemon and herbs, all fresh ingredients, so it offers a lovely flavor, whether you want to combine it with macaroni, penne, or another favorite pasta shape. Throw in sliced radish, raisins, pineapple chunks, ham, shrimp, olives, or anything else you want to have in your pasta salad, and enjoy the fresh flavors. The finished pasta salad will keep for a few days in the refrigerator.
Check Out Some of Our Other Hot Content
Leave a Reply
- Cobb Salad with a Mexican Seafood Twist May 9, 2016
- Simple Cucumber and Onion Salad April 24, 2016
- Classic Potato and Egg Salad with Chives April 15, 2016
- Greek Cucumber and Tomato Salad with Kalamata Olives April 1, 2016
- Chipotle Ranch Potato Salad with Sausage and Corn March 26, 2016
- Mexican Rice Salad with Tuna and Vegetables March 21, 2016
- Vegetarian Summer Five Bean Salad March 13, 2016
- Healthy Waldorf Salad with Baby Spinach March 6, 2016
- Corn and Pasta Salad with Tuna February 28, 2016
- Simple Chopped Egg Salad Recipe February 21, 2016
- Home (16845 Views)
- Lobster Seafood Salad Recipe with Green Onions (8807 Views)
- An Easy Grilled Bean Salad Recipe (3319 Views)
- Warm Grilled Veggie Salad (3287 Views)
- Grilled Pineapple Salad (3128 Views)
- Sweet and Spicy Thai Grilled Vegetables Salad (2641 Views)
- Super-Easy Recipe Four Bean Salad with a Lemon Dressing (2511 Views)
- Asparagus Salad Recipe with Eggplant and Bell Pepper (2435 Views)
- Warm Chicken Breast for Salads Recipes (2405 Views)
- Marinated Chicken Salad with Eggplant (2398 Views)
- Grilled Salad Recipe with Halloumi Cheese (2367 Views)
- Healthy Grilled Bell Pepper Salad (2324 Views)