Paprika Potato Salad French Dressing
Potato salad is often tossed with mayonnaise for a creamy result but if you enjoy eating potato salad, French dressing also makes a good addition to it, as you can see from the following recipe. Whether you just use potatoes and the potato salad French dressing, or whether you also like to flavor your potato salads with nuts, cheese, onion, anchovies or other ingredients, you will find this dressing suits the potato flavor very nicely.
Feel free to swap the cider vinegar for balsamic, red wine or white wine vinegar. You could even try an herb vinegar or another kind of flavored vinegar with this. For the best results, boil your potatoes until they are tender but not too soft. If they are too soft, they will break up when you toss them with the potato salad French dressing. Let them cool and then stir in the dressing gently. Taste and add extra seasoning if necessary.
Serve this with whatever you usually have with your regular potato salad. It is particularly great with meat like lamb or steak. Enjoy it with pork or sausages, served warm, room temperature or chilled, and perhaps serve some fried onions on the side.
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 1 quartered onion
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- ¾ cup white sugar
- ½ cup cider vinegar
- Add all the ingredients to a food processor or blender.
- Puree until the onion is finely minced.
- Chill and toss with cooled, boiled potatoes.
Who says a potato salad recipe has to include dairy? Although ingredients like mayonnaise, sour cream and crème fraiche feature in a lot of potato salad recipes, in some places, such as Germany, oil and vinegar are more typical. In this recipe, we are using oil, vinegar, onion, ketchup, paprika, Worcestershire sauce, and a pinch of sugar to make a really tangy, flavorful dressing which is sure to taste amazing with the potatoes. Serve the finished potato salad with your favorite meat, poultry, fish or even on a bed of salad leaves.
Check Out Some of Our Other Hot Content
Leave a Reply
- Cobb Salad with a Mexican Seafood Twist May 9, 2016
- Simple Cucumber and Onion Salad April 24, 2016
- Classic Potato and Egg Salad with Chives April 15, 2016
- Greek Cucumber and Tomato Salad with Kalamata Olives April 1, 2016
- Chipotle Ranch Potato Salad with Sausage and Corn March 26, 2016
- Mexican Rice Salad with Tuna and Vegetables March 21, 2016
- Vegetarian Summer Five Bean Salad March 13, 2016
- Healthy Waldorf Salad with Baby Spinach March 6, 2016
- Corn and Pasta Salad with Tuna February 28, 2016
- Simple Chopped Egg Salad Recipe February 21, 2016
- Home (16845 Views)
- Lobster Seafood Salad Recipe with Green Onions (8801 Views)
- An Easy Grilled Bean Salad Recipe (3319 Views)
- Warm Grilled Veggie Salad (3287 Views)
- Grilled Pineapple Salad (3125 Views)
- Sweet and Spicy Thai Grilled Vegetables Salad (2640 Views)
- Super-Easy Recipe Four Bean Salad with a Lemon Dressing (2510 Views)
- Asparagus Salad Recipe with Eggplant and Bell Pepper (2435 Views)
- Warm Chicken Breast for Salads Recipes (2405 Views)
- Marinated Chicken Salad with Eggplant (2398 Views)
- Grilled Salad Recipe with Halloumi Cheese (2367 Views)
- Healthy Grilled Bell Pepper Salad (2324 Views)