Mexican Grilled Vegetables Salad
This is a tasty grilled salad featuring the flavors of grilled zucchini and tomato. The salad dressing is typically Mexican in flavor and suits the salad ingredients very well. You might not have thought of making a grilled vegetable salad before but the combination of grilled vegetables and cold salad ingredients actually works very well.
You can serve the grilled vegetables warm or cold, depending on your preference. Mexican vegetables include tomato, onion, corn and garlic and you can mix and match the ingredients in this recipe. Also, feel free to change the garnish ingredients. Any chilled, colorful salad ingredients work well here.
If you are looking for brand new salad ideas, consider this one because it boasts lots of south of the border flavors and makes a change from your usual salad recipes. The grilled vegetables have a rich, smoky flavor thanks to being char-grilled, while the mustard and celery seed dressing complements the naturally sweet vegetable flavors. If you already have the grill on because you are cooking meat, poultry or fish, go ahead and grill some vegetables as well because you can either use them to make this salad or a similar one, or even save them for a salad the following day. Some people like to marinate and grill vegetables and then enjoy them the following few days, so go ahead and make extra if you want to do that.
- 1 cup lettuce
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 2 tomatoes, not too ripe
- ½ red onion, finely chopped
- 1 zucchini in ¼ inch diagonal slices
- Red cabbage, pickled carrot and basil to garnish
- ¼ teaspoon sugar
- ½ finely chopped onion
- 1 cup sugar
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon celery seed
- 1 cup salad oil
- ⅓ cup vinegar
- 2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- Preheat the grill to medium hot.
- Wash the lettuce and arrange half on each plate. Mix the onion into the cheese and sprinkle this mixture over the lettuce.
- Cut each tomato into large wedges and place the zucchini and tomato wedges on the grill.
- The vegetables are done when they are tender and slightly charred.
- Arrange the vegetables on the plate and decorate with the garnish ingredients.
- To make the dressing, combine the dry ingredients then mix in the vinegar and mustard. Add the oil and keep beating so it does not separate. Pour the dressing over the salad or serve it on the side.
A Picture of fresh tender tomatoes and zucchini fresh from the grill and made into this delicious Mexican Grilled Vegetables Salad. The grill transforms your raw vegetables into naturally sweet, juicy ones which pair with salad greens and cheese, to make this fantastic south of the border salad recipe, a great dish for any occasion. The dressing used here includes celery seeds, mustard and more, and those savory flavors are great with the sweet vegetables. Served hot from the grill, warm or even chilled, this salad boasts plenty of amazing flavors for everyone to enjoy.
Check Out Some of Our Other Hot Content
Leave a Reply
- Cobb Salad with a Mexican Seafood Twist May 9, 2016
- Simple Cucumber and Onion Salad April 24, 2016
- Classic Potato and Egg Salad with Chives April 15, 2016
- Greek Cucumber and Tomato Salad with Kalamata Olives April 1, 2016
- Chipotle Ranch Potato Salad with Sausage and Corn March 26, 2016
- Mexican Rice Salad with Tuna and Vegetables March 21, 2016
- Vegetarian Summer Five Bean Salad March 13, 2016
- Healthy Waldorf Salad with Baby Spinach March 6, 2016
- Corn and Pasta Salad with Tuna February 28, 2016
- Simple Chopped Egg Salad Recipe February 21, 2016
- Home (16844 Views)
- Lobster Seafood Salad Recipe with Green Onions (8790 Views)
- An Easy Grilled Bean Salad Recipe (3315 Views)
- Warm Grilled Veggie Salad (3283 Views)
- Grilled Pineapple Salad (3119 Views)
- Sweet and Spicy Thai Grilled Vegetables Salad (2637 Views)
- Super-Easy Recipe Four Bean Salad with a Lemon Dressing (2505 Views)
- Asparagus Salad Recipe with Eggplant and Bell Pepper (2430 Views)
- Warm Chicken Breast for Salads Recipes (2401 Views)
- Marinated Chicken Salad with Eggplant (2398 Views)
- Grilled Salad Recipe with Halloumi Cheese (2365 Views)
- Healthy Grilled Bell Pepper Salad (2323 Views)