Best Pasta Salad Dressing
The following recipe makes a delicious dressing for a pasta salad. Combining olive oil and mayonnaise results in a light yet creamy dressing which is aromatically flavored with garlic, basil, oregano, and thyme. You can use quarter of a teaspoon of dried basil instead of the fresh basil if you want to. This salad dressing goes with many kinds of pasta salad, regardless of the type of pasta you use or the meat, fish, or veggies you choose to put into it.
The authentic Italian flavors make this the best pasta salad dressing to choose if you want to make a salad with a traditional Italian feel. Why not put sundried tomatoes, mozzarella cubes, black olives, and fresh basil leaves in your salad to give it even more of an Italian feel? You can serve such a salad as an appetizer, side dish or even as an entree if you add some chicken or seafood to it.
Putting together a pasta salad is one of the best ways to use leftover pasta too, because all you need to do is toss the cooled pasta with meat, poultry or seafood, some vegetables or other additives, and of course the best pasta salad dressing. The result is going to be amazing served for lunch, perhaps over a bed of mixed baby salad leaves, or you could omit the meat or seafood and serve the salad as a side dish for chicken, grilled fish, or another type of protein.
- ½ cup olive oil
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon white sugar
- ¼ cup red or white wine vinegar
- ¼ teaspoon ground oregano
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 minced or finely chopped garlic clove
- 1 teaspoon fresh basil
- ¼ teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 ½ teaspoons Dijon mustard
- Whisk everything together in a small bowl using an immersion blender or a hand-held whisk.
- Use the dressing immediately or chill it until required.
This has to be the perfect dressing for a pasta salad. It is creamy, herby, tangy, and really well-balanced. It is also really easy to prepare since all you have to do is whisk the ingredients together and then it is ready to use. Mix it with any kind of pasta, such as macaroni, penne or spiral pasta, and add tuna, capers, olives, bell pepper, onion, or anything else you like. The result will be a delicious pasta salad which you will not be able to stop eating. Pasta salads are a great budget dish, and especially great if you plan to feed a crowd.
Check Out Some of Our Other Hot Content
Leave a Reply
- Cobb Salad with a Mexican Seafood Twist May 9, 2016
- Simple Cucumber and Onion Salad April 24, 2016
- Classic Potato and Egg Salad with Chives April 15, 2016
- Greek Cucumber and Tomato Salad with Kalamata Olives April 1, 2016
- Chipotle Ranch Potato Salad with Sausage and Corn March 26, 2016
- Mexican Rice Salad with Tuna and Vegetables March 21, 2016
- Vegetarian Summer Five Bean Salad March 13, 2016
- Healthy Waldorf Salad with Baby Spinach March 6, 2016
- Corn and Pasta Salad with Tuna February 28, 2016
- Simple Chopped Egg Salad Recipe February 21, 2016
- Home (16845 Views)
- Lobster Seafood Salad Recipe with Green Onions (8807 Views)
- An Easy Grilled Bean Salad Recipe (3319 Views)
- Warm Grilled Veggie Salad (3287 Views)
- Grilled Pineapple Salad (3128 Views)
- Sweet and Spicy Thai Grilled Vegetables Salad (2641 Views)
- Super-Easy Recipe Four Bean Salad with a Lemon Dressing (2511 Views)
- Asparagus Salad Recipe with Eggplant and Bell Pepper (2435 Views)
- Warm Chicken Breast for Salads Recipes (2405 Views)
- Marinated Chicken Salad with Eggplant (2398 Views)
- Grilled Salad Recipe with Halloumi Cheese (2367 Views)
- Healthy Grilled Bell Pepper Salad (2324 Views)