Authentic Chinese Chicken Salad Dressing Recipe
This flavorful Chinese chicken salad recipe contains authentic Chinese ingredients for a superior flavor. It is nice served with chicken and salad leaves or you can use it as a chicken marinade, pouring it over skinned chicken a day before you cook it. This recipe contains shoyu and you might be wondering what that is. Shoyu is a type of soy sauce. Most shoyu varieties are made by combining acids with cereals and soy beans. Shoyu is soy sauce made from wheat and soy beans.
Tamari is the other kind of soy sauce and this is made from soy beans only. Shoyu is popular in Japanese recipes and also used in Chinese cuisine. You can get it in the Asian food section of your local grocery store and you can store it for up to a year at room temperature. Although shoyu contains wheat, the gluten is undetectable in the final product, making shoyu gluten-free.
This recipe also contains mayonnaise and salad oil, for a good texture, and lemon, sesame oil, toasted sesame seeds, and sugar, to add all the flavor you need. This Chinese chicken salad dressing recipe is great for lunch or dinner. It also works as an appetizer.
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 2 tablespoons salad oil
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons shoyu
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- Combine all the ingredients well.
- Drizzle this dressing over a green salad with shredded cooked chicken.
- You can sprinkle some chow mein noodles on top if you wish.
Chicken salad is always good but opt for Chinese salad and you can be sure of a treat. One of the best things about Chinese chicken salad is a great dressing recipe, so pick this one and you can whip it up in 5 minutes flat or less! Mayonnaise and oil blend with lemon, soy sauce, sesame, and a pinch of sugar, and the result is perfect for bringing out the beautiful flavors in your Chinese chicken salad. The toasted sesame seeds and shoyu (soy sauce) add a particularly amazing flavor to this classic Chinese dish which makes a perfect meal or, in smaller portions, appetizer dish.
Check Out Some of Our Other Hot Content
Leave a Reply
- Cobb Salad with a Mexican Seafood Twist May 9, 2016
- Simple Cucumber and Onion Salad April 24, 2016
- Classic Potato and Egg Salad with Chives April 15, 2016
- Greek Cucumber and Tomato Salad with Kalamata Olives April 1, 2016
- Chipotle Ranch Potato Salad with Sausage and Corn March 26, 2016
- Mexican Rice Salad with Tuna and Vegetables March 21, 2016
- Vegetarian Summer Five Bean Salad March 13, 2016
- Healthy Waldorf Salad with Baby Spinach March 6, 2016
- Corn and Pasta Salad with Tuna February 28, 2016
- Simple Chopped Egg Salad Recipe February 21, 2016
- Home (16844 Views)
- Lobster Seafood Salad Recipe with Green Onions (8790 Views)
- An Easy Grilled Bean Salad Recipe (3313 Views)
- Warm Grilled Veggie Salad (3282 Views)
- Grilled Pineapple Salad (3117 Views)
- Sweet and Spicy Thai Grilled Vegetables Salad (2635 Views)
- Super-Easy Recipe Four Bean Salad with a Lemon Dressing (2503 Views)
- Asparagus Salad Recipe with Eggplant and Bell Pepper (2428 Views)
- Warm Chicken Breast for Salads Recipes (2400 Views)
- Marinated Chicken Salad with Eggplant (2396 Views)
- Grilled Salad Recipe with Halloumi Cheese (2363 Views)
- Healthy Grilled Bell Pepper Salad (2320 Views)