An Easy Grilled Corn Salad Recipe
This simple yet sumptuous summer grilled vegetable salad combines the sweetness of grilled corn and cherry tomatoes with red onion for a sharp crunch. The delicious dressing is made with fresh watermelon and honey to echo the sweetness of the grilled corn, as well as white wine vinegar to add a contrasting edge. You could use champagne vinegar if you wanted. This grilled corn salad recipe also contains basil, which goes nicely with the tomatoes.
Serve this grilled corn salad as a side dish because it goes alongside pretty much any meat, poultry, or fish dish. You can also serve it as part of a buffet. It is nice served warm or chilled. The grilled corn is actually very good warm because it has a mouthwatering aroma as well as a fantastic flavor. You can make the dressing in advance if you like, to give you time to chill it in the refrigerator while you put the grilled corn salad together. Perhaps you have grilled corn before and it is nice eaten off the cob, with butter dripping off it.
A grilled corn salad recipe like this one is a really good dish to serve because the flavors contrast so well yet fit together perfectly. The sweetness and sharpness blend very well and everybody will love the unusual watermelon dressing. You can use parsley instead of basil in the dressing if you like. This salad is one of the most colorful grilled salad recipes of all, which makes it extra appetizing.
- 6 ears fresh corn
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes
- 1 finely chopped red onion
- 2 tablespoons seasoned olive oil
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- Fresh parsley, to garnish
- 2 cups chopped fresh watermelon
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- ⅓ cup finely diced red onion
- 1 ½ tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- Remove the husks and silks from the ears of corn.
- Rub the seasoned olive oil over the corn and sprinkle salt and pepper over it.
- Grill over a moderately high heat until the ears of corn are lightly browned.
- This will take about 7 minutes. Take the corn off the grill and let it cool.
- Take the kernels off the cob and add them to a big bowl.
- Stir in the red onion and tomatoes.
- Drain the watermelon, pulse it in a blender with the vinegar, red onion, basil, olive oil, and honey until it is well combined.
- Stir the dressing into the corn.
- Season to taste and garnish the dish with parsley.
The bright colors in this grilled corn salad recipe make it effortlessly appetizing. The combination of corn, onions, and tomatoes is a classic one and the homemade watermelon dressing is really stunning. Its sweet and sharp flavors suit the grilled corn salad taste really well. This is a nutritious salad as well as a flavorful one and if you enjoy making healthy salad recipes, this is definitely one for the shortlist. Serve this grilled corn salad warm or chilled; it is great both ways.
Check Out Some of Our Other Hot Content
Leave a Reply
- Cobb Salad with a Mexican Seafood Twist May 9, 2016
- Simple Cucumber and Onion Salad April 24, 2016
- Classic Potato and Egg Salad with Chives April 15, 2016
- Greek Cucumber and Tomato Salad with Kalamata Olives April 1, 2016
- Chipotle Ranch Potato Salad with Sausage and Corn March 26, 2016
- Mexican Rice Salad with Tuna and Vegetables March 21, 2016
- Vegetarian Summer Five Bean Salad March 13, 2016
- Healthy Waldorf Salad with Baby Spinach March 6, 2016
- Corn and Pasta Salad with Tuna February 28, 2016
- Simple Chopped Egg Salad Recipe February 21, 2016
- Home (16845 Views)
- Lobster Seafood Salad Recipe with Green Onions (8793 Views)
- An Easy Grilled Bean Salad Recipe (3315 Views)
- Warm Grilled Veggie Salad (3285 Views)
- Grilled Pineapple Salad (3120 Views)
- Sweet and Spicy Thai Grilled Vegetables Salad (2637 Views)
- Super-Easy Recipe Four Bean Salad with a Lemon Dressing (2505 Views)
- Asparagus Salad Recipe with Eggplant and Bell Pepper (2431 Views)
- Warm Chicken Breast for Salads Recipes (2401 Views)
- Marinated Chicken Salad with Eggplant (2398 Views)
- Grilled Salad Recipe with Halloumi Cheese (2365 Views)
- Healthy Grilled Bell Pepper Salad (2323 Views)