Oil Free Salad Dressing with Dill and Lemon
There is such a thing as an oil free salad dressing and, if you want to make one, why not try the following recipe? Combining tofu with dill, lemon, and onion, this is a tasty and unusual oil free salad dressing which will add flavor to any salad without adding the fat you get with oil. The reason oil is so popular in salad dressing recipes is that it sticks to the ingredients, clinging to them, so you are sure of getting plenty of oil-based dressing with every forkful of salad. This is a double-edged sword of course; while oil does add to the texture of your salad dressing it is also adding to your waistline, which is not necessary something you want.
This oil free salad dressing is made primarily with silken tofu which is an ingredient that adds flavor and a good texture to everything from milkshakes to dessert recipes. Firm and extra-firm tofu are best for baking or grilling, since the firmness holds the tofu together, but choose silken tofu if you want to blend it with other ingredients because it is very soft and glossy and works perfectly in oil free salad dressings and other such recipes.
- 6 oz silken tofu
- 1 teaspoon snipped fresh dill
- 1 tablespoon dried minced onion
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- Blend everything together until smooth, in a blender or food processor.
Serve this creamy tofu-based dressing with steamed or raw vegetables, or enjoy it with chicken, fish or another tasty meal. In the photo you can see we are enjoying the dressing with steamed Asian vegetables and some toasted sesame seeds. This would make a very healthy lunch. A lot of people assume tofu is just something vegetarians will have instead of a steak or chicken breast, but it is more versatile than that. Make sure you use soft silken tofu, not the firm, sponge-like kind, to make this dressing, for the right consistency.
Check Out Some of Our Other Hot Content
Leave a Reply
- Cobb Salad with a Mexican Seafood Twist May 9, 2016
- Simple Cucumber and Onion Salad April 24, 2016
- Classic Potato and Egg Salad with Chives April 15, 2016
- Greek Cucumber and Tomato Salad with Kalamata Olives April 1, 2016
- Chipotle Ranch Potato Salad with Sausage and Corn March 26, 2016
- Mexican Rice Salad with Tuna and Vegetables March 21, 2016
- Vegetarian Summer Five Bean Salad March 13, 2016
- Healthy Waldorf Salad with Baby Spinach March 6, 2016
- Corn and Pasta Salad with Tuna February 28, 2016
- Simple Chopped Egg Salad Recipe February 21, 2016
- Home (16847 Views)
- Lobster Seafood Salad Recipe with Green Onions (8810 Views)
- An Easy Grilled Bean Salad Recipe (3322 Views)
- Warm Grilled Veggie Salad (3287 Views)
- Grilled Pineapple Salad (3128 Views)
- Sweet and Spicy Thai Grilled Vegetables Salad (2643 Views)
- Super-Easy Recipe Four Bean Salad with a Lemon Dressing (2511 Views)
- Asparagus Salad Recipe with Eggplant and Bell Pepper (2435 Views)
- Warm Chicken Breast for Salads Recipes (2407 Views)
- Marinated Chicken Salad with Eggplant (2400 Views)
- Grilled Salad Recipe with Halloumi Cheese (2368 Views)
- Healthy Grilled Bell Pepper Salad (2325 Views)