How to Make Tasty No Oil Salad Dressings
A good salad dressing recipe does not have to be oil-based and some people like to dress their salads with simply a squeeze of lemon or lime juice. Although oil does feature in most dressing recipes it is not a vital component if you do not want to use it. The following no oil salad dressing is based on three kinds of vinegar – apple cider vinegar, red wine vinegar and apple balsamic vinegar. Feel free to use one or two types if you do not have three. The vinegars you use are interchangeable so use whatever you have. The mustard and cracked black pepper spice this no oil salad dressing up a bit and the oregano and celery salt add even more flavor.
You can use any kind of artificial sweetener in this recipe, whether it is Splenda, stevia or something else, or you can add a pinch of white sugar if you do not mind using sugar. No oil salad dressings do not have to lack texture. Oil has a slick texture and it sticks to salad ingredients, which is why it is a popular ingredient in dressings, but you will get just as much flavor (albeit a slightly different texture) using other ingredients.
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- ⅛ teaspoon dry mustard
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- ¾ tablespoon red wine vinegar
- ¾ tablespoon apple balsamic vinegar
- 1 envelope artificial sweetener
- ½ teaspoon celery salt
- ⅛ teaspoon cracked black pepper Salt, to taste
- Combine all the ingredients in a jar.
- Put the lid on and shake well.
Oil is used in a lot of salad dressing recipes because it helps blend the ingredients together and sticks to your greens, coating them in flavor. However, oil is not an essential part of making a salad dressing, as this recipe goes to show. Here we are combining three types of vinegar, including balsamic to add a touch of sweetness, with mustard, oregano and celery salad, for a dressing which is delicious whether you serve it over mixed leaves or another kind of salad. Try it drizzled over warm, roasted or grilled root vegetables with some feta cheese crumbled over the top.
Check Out Some of Our Other Hot Content
Leave a Reply
- Cobb Salad with a Mexican Seafood Twist May 9, 2016
- Simple Cucumber and Onion Salad April 24, 2016
- Classic Potato and Egg Salad with Chives April 15, 2016
- Greek Cucumber and Tomato Salad with Kalamata Olives April 1, 2016
- Chipotle Ranch Potato Salad with Sausage and Corn March 26, 2016
- Mexican Rice Salad with Tuna and Vegetables March 21, 2016
- Vegetarian Summer Five Bean Salad March 13, 2016
- Healthy Waldorf Salad with Baby Spinach March 6, 2016
- Corn and Pasta Salad with Tuna February 28, 2016
- Simple Chopped Egg Salad Recipe February 21, 2016
- Home (16847 Views)
- Lobster Seafood Salad Recipe with Green Onions (8816 Views)
- An Easy Grilled Bean Salad Recipe (3322 Views)
- Warm Grilled Veggie Salad (3288 Views)
- Grilled Pineapple Salad (3128 Views)
- Sweet and Spicy Thai Grilled Vegetables Salad (2644 Views)
- Super-Easy Recipe Four Bean Salad with a Lemon Dressing (2511 Views)
- Asparagus Salad Recipe with Eggplant and Bell Pepper (2435 Views)
- Warm Chicken Breast for Salads Recipes (2407 Views)
- Marinated Chicken Salad with Eggplant (2400 Views)
- Grilled Salad Recipe with Halloumi Cheese (2368 Views)
- Healthy Grilled Bell Pepper Salad (2326 Views)