One of the Best Fruit Salad Dressings with Sour Cream
If you want to make the best fruit salad dressings like your grandmother or mother used to make, the following recipe might be of interest to you. Ingredients such as sweetened condensed milk were popular during wartime when fresh milk was often unavailable. Wartime fruit salad dressings might have also included other flavorings like dried spices. Fruit juice and margarine were also available, for making wartime desserts, and custard powder was another ingredient which could have been used to make wartime trifle.
Cakes were usually made with egg powder rather than fresh eggs and fresh fruit was rationed and sometimes you could not get it at all. To think about this makes us appreciate just how many wonderful ingredients we have at our disposal today to make the best fruit salad recipes and fruit salad dressings. The following recipe combines sour cream and sweetened condensed milk for a creamy texture, as well as vanilla and almond extracts and spices. This recipe makes just under three cups, which is enough to serve sixteen people, so all you need to complete the dish are sixteen portions of chopped fruit.
- 8 oz sour cream
- 14 oz sweetened condensed milk
- ¼ teaspoon ground cardamom
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon almond extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Whisk all the ingredients together until everything is well combined.
- Refrigerate the dressing until you are ready to serve it.
Breathe new life into your next fruit salad recipe by serving up this amazing dressing. Made with sour cream, condensed milk, cardamom, cinnamon, almond and vanilla extracts, you are sure to make an impact when you serve this. A dollop of this sour cream dressing on a bowlful of mixed chopped fruit makes a wonderful breakfast or dessert, and using sweetened condensed milk adds a nice, sweet taste to the dressing. Perhaps you will discover this is one of your favorite ways to serve fresh fruit, rather than adding whipped cream or ice cream.
Check Out Some of Our Other Hot Content
Leave a Reply
- Cobb Salad with a Mexican Seafood Twist May 9, 2016
- Simple Cucumber and Onion Salad April 24, 2016
- Classic Potato and Egg Salad with Chives April 15, 2016
- Greek Cucumber and Tomato Salad with Kalamata Olives April 1, 2016
- Chipotle Ranch Potato Salad with Sausage and Corn March 26, 2016
- Mexican Rice Salad with Tuna and Vegetables March 21, 2016
- Vegetarian Summer Five Bean Salad March 13, 2016
- Healthy Waldorf Salad with Baby Spinach March 6, 2016
- Corn and Pasta Salad with Tuna February 28, 2016
- Simple Chopped Egg Salad Recipe February 21, 2016
- Home (16845 Views)
- Lobster Seafood Salad Recipe with Green Onions (8801 Views)
- An Easy Grilled Bean Salad Recipe (3319 Views)
- Warm Grilled Veggie Salad (3287 Views)
- Grilled Pineapple Salad (3125 Views)
- Sweet and Spicy Thai Grilled Vegetables Salad (2640 Views)
- Super-Easy Recipe Four Bean Salad with a Lemon Dressing (2510 Views)
- Asparagus Salad Recipe with Eggplant and Bell Pepper (2435 Views)
- Warm Chicken Breast for Salads Recipes (2405 Views)
- Marinated Chicken Salad with Eggplant (2398 Views)
- Grilled Salad Recipe with Halloumi Cheese (2367 Views)
- Healthy Grilled Bell Pepper Salad (2324 Views)