Thick and Creamy Caesar Salad Dressing
Caesar salad is a classic dish and if you ask people to name famous salad recipes Caesar salad is usually included in their list somewhere. It is a simple salad with a magnificent flavor. No wonder it has been popular ever since it was first created.
This thick, rich, and creamy Caesar salad dressing is mayonnaise-based. This might not reflect the traditional and authentic recipe for Caesar salad but a lot of people like mayonnaise-based dressings, so why not use it to make the dressing for your Caesar salad? This recipe features Worcestershire sauce, garlic, and lemon juice which, along with olive oil, were the key components in the original recipe.
In addition, we are using oregano, basil, onion powder and more, to give plenty of aromatic flavor to this delicious creamy Caesar salad dressing. When making Caesar salad dressing calories are something that should not bother you too much because you do not eat much of the dressing; you simply drizzle some over your healthy salad leaves or toss the lettuce with the creamy Caesar salad dressing.
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- ½ teaspoon ground dry mustard
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 3 tablespoons white vinegar
- ½ teaspoon lemon juice
- Pinch of dried oregano
- Pinch of dried basil
- Blend all the ingredients together with a whisk or an electric beater for 30 seconds.
- Chill for 2 hours, and then serve.
Caesar salad is made with romaine, and often croutons too, and maybe some anchovies, shrimp, chicken or salmon to make it heartier, although these can be forgone if you are making it as a side dish rather than an entrée. Here we are making our own Caesar salad dressing with mayonnaise, mustard, onion, garlic, Worcestershire sauce, parmesan, lemon, and herbs. Once you have combined the ingredients, let the mixture chill in the refrigerator for a couple of hours so the flavors can blend nicely. Then you can toss it with shredded romaine, and add some crunchy croutons (preferably homemade) too.
Check Out Some of Our Other Hot Content
Leave a Reply
- Cobb Salad with a Mexican Seafood Twist May 9, 2016
- Simple Cucumber and Onion Salad April 24, 2016
- Classic Potato and Egg Salad with Chives April 15, 2016
- Greek Cucumber and Tomato Salad with Kalamata Olives April 1, 2016
- Chipotle Ranch Potato Salad with Sausage and Corn March 26, 2016
- Mexican Rice Salad with Tuna and Vegetables March 21, 2016
- Vegetarian Summer Five Bean Salad March 13, 2016
- Healthy Waldorf Salad with Baby Spinach March 6, 2016
- Corn and Pasta Salad with Tuna February 28, 2016
- Simple Chopped Egg Salad Recipe February 21, 2016
- Home (16847 Views)
- Lobster Seafood Salad Recipe with Green Onions (8830 Views)
- An Easy Grilled Bean Salad Recipe (3322 Views)
- Warm Grilled Veggie Salad (3288 Views)
- Grilled Pineapple Salad (3128 Views)
- Sweet and Spicy Thai Grilled Vegetables Salad (2644 Views)
- Super-Easy Recipe Four Bean Salad with a Lemon Dressing (2511 Views)
- Asparagus Salad Recipe with Eggplant and Bell Pepper (2435 Views)
- Warm Chicken Breast for Salads Recipes (2407 Views)
- Marinated Chicken Salad with Eggplant (2400 Views)
- Grilled Salad Recipe with Halloumi Cheese (2368 Views)
- Healthy Grilled Bell Pepper Salad (2326 Views)