The Best Low Cal Salad Dressing Recipes
Low calorie salad dressing recipes are handy for anyone who is watching their waistline or wanting to look after their health better. More often than not, a low calorie French salad dressing or another type of low calorie dressing will taste just as yummy as regular dressings which are high in fat and calories, so you might like to experiment with low cal salad dressing recipes to discover for yourself how good they can be.
The following recipe contains yogurt, mayonnaise, lemon juice, and dill. The yogurt and mayonnaise work nicely together to give the dressing a creamy flavor and texture without being too high in calories. You can swap the dried dill for two tablespoons of fresh chopped dill if you prefer, although there are lots of people who dislike dill so you might like to leave it out altogether. Depending where you live, there are different varieties of low-fat mayonnaise available so just see what you can get.
Mayonnaise will always contain some fat but there is a big different between the high-fat ones and the healthier kinds. You can also make your own mayonnaise fairly easily but if you are using it as an ingredient (rather than serving it alone) it is better to use the store-bought kind, since the other ingredients will mask the flavor anyway.
- ¼ cup plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons low-fat mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- ¼ teaspoon dried dill weed
- Combine the ingredients and serve.
You do not have to use high-calorie, high-fat ingredients when making a salad dressing, not even if you want something rich and creamy. Here we are teaming low-fat mayonnaise and yogurt with dill weed and lemon, to make a dressing which is creamy, aromatic, zingy and just really good. This versatile dressing is good with any kind of protein, including chicken, fish and beef, or you could toss this with chopped vegetables or just drizzle it over some greens. Feel free to switch the lemon for lime, and the dill for fresh chopped chives or cilantro if you like.
Check Out Some of Our Other Hot Content
Leave a Reply
- Cobb Salad with a Mexican Seafood Twist May 9, 2016
- Simple Cucumber and Onion Salad April 24, 2016
- Classic Potato and Egg Salad with Chives April 15, 2016
- Greek Cucumber and Tomato Salad with Kalamata Olives April 1, 2016
- Chipotle Ranch Potato Salad with Sausage and Corn March 26, 2016
- Mexican Rice Salad with Tuna and Vegetables March 21, 2016
- Vegetarian Summer Five Bean Salad March 13, 2016
- Healthy Waldorf Salad with Baby Spinach March 6, 2016
- Corn and Pasta Salad with Tuna February 28, 2016
- Simple Chopped Egg Salad Recipe February 21, 2016
- Home (16844 Views)
- Lobster Seafood Salad Recipe with Green Onions (8792 Views)
- An Easy Grilled Bean Salad Recipe (3315 Views)
- Warm Grilled Veggie Salad (3283 Views)
- Grilled Pineapple Salad (3119 Views)
- Sweet and Spicy Thai Grilled Vegetables Salad (2637 Views)
- Super-Easy Recipe Four Bean Salad with a Lemon Dressing (2505 Views)
- Asparagus Salad Recipe with Eggplant and Bell Pepper (2430 Views)
- Warm Chicken Breast for Salads Recipes (2401 Views)
- Marinated Chicken Salad with Eggplant (2398 Views)
- Grilled Salad Recipe with Halloumi Cheese (2365 Views)
- Healthy Grilled Bell Pepper Salad (2323 Views)