Salad Dressing with Greek Yogurt and Honey
This recipe might be light on fat but it is heavy in flavor and any fans of Greek yogurt will love the taste of this one. This recipe calls for nonfat Greek yogurt, although you could substitute regular nonfat yogurt instead of the Greek kind. It will still work but the finished dressing will be a bit different. You could even try regular Greek yogurt (not the nonfat kind) for a richer and creamier result.
As well as the yogurt this salad dressing features honey and Dijon mustard for sweetness and acidity, and balsamic vinegar and soy sauce, which might sound like unusual ingredients to add to a salad dressing with Greek yogurt but the sweetness of the balsamic vinegar balances out the mustard piquancy, and the soy sauce adds a salty flavor without having to add salt too.
Try this over mixed leaves and cucumber, adding some tomato wedges too if you want, or you could even make a lettuce salad with fresh fruit like pineapple and strawberries. It would go really well with that too. You could even use this instead of your classic standby favorite, whether that is Caesar dressing, ranch, or something else. You might even find you prefer this one.
- 1½ tablespoons honey
- 3 tablespoons nonfat Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon light soy sauce
- 1½ tablespoons Dijon mustard
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- ½ tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- Whisk the ingredients together well.
- Store in the refrigerator.
Honey and Greek yogurt are the main ingredients in our Greek inspired salad dressing recipe, but the similarity to a healthy breakfast dish stops there, because we are also adding the typical salad dressing duo of extra-virgin olive oil and balsamic vinegar, along with some soy sauce for a savory taste and Dijon mustard for piquancy. These flavors go together really well, and the finished dressing is creamy, and perfectly balanced in terms of sweet and savory flavors. Enjoy this with your favorite salad components, to make a change from your usual ranch or Caesar dressing.
Check Out Some of Our Other Hot Content
Leave a Reply
- Cobb Salad with a Mexican Seafood Twist May 9, 2016
- Simple Cucumber and Onion Salad April 24, 2016
- Classic Potato and Egg Salad with Chives April 15, 2016
- Greek Cucumber and Tomato Salad with Kalamata Olives April 1, 2016
- Chipotle Ranch Potato Salad with Sausage and Corn March 26, 2016
- Mexican Rice Salad with Tuna and Vegetables March 21, 2016
- Vegetarian Summer Five Bean Salad March 13, 2016
- Healthy Waldorf Salad with Baby Spinach March 6, 2016
- Corn and Pasta Salad with Tuna February 28, 2016
- Simple Chopped Egg Salad Recipe February 21, 2016
- Home (16844 Views)
- Lobster Seafood Salad Recipe with Green Onions (8790 Views)
- An Easy Grilled Bean Salad Recipe (3315 Views)
- Warm Grilled Veggie Salad (3283 Views)
- Grilled Pineapple Salad (3119 Views)
- Sweet and Spicy Thai Grilled Vegetables Salad (2637 Views)
- Super-Easy Recipe Four Bean Salad with a Lemon Dressing (2505 Views)
- Asparagus Salad Recipe with Eggplant and Bell Pepper (2430 Views)
- Warm Chicken Breast for Salads Recipes (2401 Views)
- Marinated Chicken Salad with Eggplant (2398 Views)
- Grilled Salad Recipe with Halloumi Cheese (2365 Views)
- Healthy Grilled Bell Pepper Salad (2323 Views)