One of the Best Yogurt Salad Dressings
There are various healthy yogurt salad dressings that you can choose from if you want a light salad without a thick, calorific dressing. A lot of commercial yogurt salad dressings feature unhealthy amounts of salt or sugar though (or both) so it is always best to prepare your own. Not only are homemade salad dressings healthier than the bottled ones but they also taste much fresher and better.
A little lemon juice and garlic added to yogurt, as well as fresh mint, converts it into a healthy salad dressing in minutes. You can drizzle the following yogurt salad dressing over your favorite salad greens, or serve it as a dip. It goes without saying that yogurt is a healthier ingredient than mayonnaise or sour cream, so why not use it instead, and make flavorful yogurt salad dressings to jazz up your salads and bewitch your dinner guests?
Although some people assume yogurt salad dressings will be less flavorful or rich than fattening creamy ones, this is simply not the case, and you can make some really great-tasting yogurt salad dressings. Perhaps you want to change the following recipe a little, swapping the lemon for lime, or adding some minced cucumber.
- ¼ cup finely chopped fresh mint leaves
- 1 or 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- ½ cup plain yogurt
- 1 minced garlic clove
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Combine all the ingredients in a small bowl.
- Add extra lemon juice to thin the mixture, if you find it too thick.
- Serve this yogurt dressing with fresh greens or as a dip.
Several cuisines make dips or dressings based on yogurt, including Greek, Indian, Turkish, and sometimes American, because yogurt offers a wonderful tang and you can choose from plain yogurt, Greek yogurt or another thick, strained kind. And then you have aromatic mint to add a fragrant touch, fresh lemon for a bright citrusy touch, and of course garlic to liven the flavor up even more. This would be wonderful served with a steak or chicken salad, or you might want to serve it as a dip with vegetable crudités or drizzle it over a plate of greens.
Check Out Some of Our Other Hot Content
Leave a Reply
- Cobb Salad with a Mexican Seafood Twist May 9, 2016
- Simple Cucumber and Onion Salad April 24, 2016
- Classic Potato and Egg Salad with Chives April 15, 2016
- Greek Cucumber and Tomato Salad with Kalamata Olives April 1, 2016
- Chipotle Ranch Potato Salad with Sausage and Corn March 26, 2016
- Mexican Rice Salad with Tuna and Vegetables March 21, 2016
- Vegetarian Summer Five Bean Salad March 13, 2016
- Healthy Waldorf Salad with Baby Spinach March 6, 2016
- Corn and Pasta Salad with Tuna February 28, 2016
- Simple Chopped Egg Salad Recipe February 21, 2016
- Home (16845 Views)
- Lobster Seafood Salad Recipe with Green Onions (8801 Views)
- An Easy Grilled Bean Salad Recipe (3319 Views)
- Warm Grilled Veggie Salad (3287 Views)
- Grilled Pineapple Salad (3125 Views)
- Sweet and Spicy Thai Grilled Vegetables Salad (2640 Views)
- Super-Easy Recipe Four Bean Salad with a Lemon Dressing (2510 Views)
- Asparagus Salad Recipe with Eggplant and Bell Pepper (2435 Views)
- Warm Chicken Breast for Salads Recipes (2405 Views)
- Marinated Chicken Salad with Eggplant (2398 Views)
- Grilled Salad Recipe with Halloumi Cheese (2367 Views)
- Healthy Grilled Bell Pepper Salad (2324 Views)