Lime and Cumin Salad Dressing Recipe
This delicious cumin salad dressing recipe is gently flavored to keep it soft enough to complement all kinds of salad recipes. It is best to use a non-reactive bowl when working with acidic ingredients like tomatoes, chilies or citrus, else the dressing might take on a metallic taste when the acid reacts with the porous material. Plastic, glazed ceramics, glass, and stainless steel are examples of nonreactive materials. Avoid aluminum or copper.
Cumin has a peppery, nutty flavor and it frequently features in Mexican, Middle Eastern and Indian cuisine. Cumin is a key component in curry powder and you can get whole and ground cumin year-round. Cumin is a great source of iron, which helps to transport oxygen around the body and also helps keep your immune system healthy.
The following cumin salad dressing recipe features lime juice which goes very nicely with the cumin taste. You could serve this dressing over mixed salad leaves, and this would be a great side dish to any Mexican or Tex-Mex meat, fish or poultry.
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon white sugar
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- Whisk the olive oil with the mayonnaise, sugar, lime juice, and cumin.
- Season with salt and black pepper.
Compared to some salad dressing recipes, this one is very simple. Not only do you only need a few ingredients to make it, but it is also really quick and easy to put together. In fact, to make this creamy Mexican salad dressing, you just have to whisk the ingredients together. This boasts lime and cumin flavors, two very typical Mexican ingredients, along with a mayonnaise and oil base. A little sugar, salt and pepper go into the mixture too, just to equalize and balance out the flavor. This dressing is wonderful with all kinds of salads. Maybe try it with a chicken and vegetable salad.
Check Out Some of Our Other Hot Content
Leave a Reply
- Cobb Salad with a Mexican Seafood Twist May 9, 2016
- Simple Cucumber and Onion Salad April 24, 2016
- Classic Potato and Egg Salad with Chives April 15, 2016
- Greek Cucumber and Tomato Salad with Kalamata Olives April 1, 2016
- Chipotle Ranch Potato Salad with Sausage and Corn March 26, 2016
- Mexican Rice Salad with Tuna and Vegetables March 21, 2016
- Vegetarian Summer Five Bean Salad March 13, 2016
- Healthy Waldorf Salad with Baby Spinach March 6, 2016
- Corn and Pasta Salad with Tuna February 28, 2016
- Simple Chopped Egg Salad Recipe February 21, 2016
- Home (16847 Views)
- Lobster Seafood Salad Recipe with Green Onions (8810 Views)
- An Easy Grilled Bean Salad Recipe (3322 Views)
- Warm Grilled Veggie Salad (3287 Views)
- Grilled Pineapple Salad (3128 Views)
- Sweet and Spicy Thai Grilled Vegetables Salad (2643 Views)
- Super-Easy Recipe Four Bean Salad with a Lemon Dressing (2511 Views)
- Asparagus Salad Recipe with Eggplant and Bell Pepper (2435 Views)
- Warm Chicken Breast for Salads Recipes (2407 Views)
- Marinated Chicken Salad with Eggplant (2400 Views)
- Grilled Salad Recipe with Halloumi Cheese (2368 Views)
- Healthy Grilled Bell Pepper Salad (2325 Views)