Lemon Cream Cheese Salad Dressing
This delicious cream cheese-based salad dressing also contains milk, garlic, onion leaves, and lemon, for a rich and delicious flavor. Cream cheese softens if you leave it at room temperature. If you are in a rush you can microwave your chilled cream cheese on high for half a minute and you will find it softens perfectly. Serve this over a basic lettuce, cucumber, and tomato salad, perhaps adding some hard-boiled egg halves too.
Cider vinegar is reputed to have specific benefits to your health. Ever since 400 BC when Hippocrates used apple cider vinegar as an energizing tonic and healing elixir, this ingredient has been the subject of other test, checking for more health benefits. The potassium, calcium, pectin, acetic acid, malic acid and ash are all good for you, and you might like to use this ingredient in recipes like cranberry orange salad dressing if you suffer from bowel irregularity, heartburn, join pain or stiffness, skin rashes, obesity or high blood sugar levels.
- ¼ cup cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 tablespoon finely sliced green onion (the green part)
- ½ teaspoon minced garlic
- ¼ cup milk
- Juice of ¼ lemon
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- Beat the cream cheese in a bowl until it is smooth.
- Stir in the lemon juice.
- Add the milk in a steady stream, stirring all the time, using just enough to make the dressing the right consistency.
- You can make it thin or thick.
- Stir in the green onion and garlic.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
There are lots of creamy salad dressing recipes to choose from, some of which are made with buttermilk or mayonnaise, and others which include sour cream, milk or other creamy ingredients in them. This recipe is made with cream cheese and milk, along with garlic, lemon and green onion. These flavors, along with its creamy consistency, make it perfect for drizzling over baby spinach. Add some walnut halves and strawberries to make a delicious salad, or else why not toss this with cooked pasta or rice and add chopped ham, peas and pineapple, or even serve it as a dip with chips?
Check Out Some of Our Other Hot Content
Leave a Reply
- Cobb Salad with a Mexican Seafood Twist May 9, 2016
- Simple Cucumber and Onion Salad April 24, 2016
- Classic Potato and Egg Salad with Chives April 15, 2016
- Greek Cucumber and Tomato Salad with Kalamata Olives April 1, 2016
- Chipotle Ranch Potato Salad with Sausage and Corn March 26, 2016
- Mexican Rice Salad with Tuna and Vegetables March 21, 2016
- Vegetarian Summer Five Bean Salad March 13, 2016
- Healthy Waldorf Salad with Baby Spinach March 6, 2016
- Corn and Pasta Salad with Tuna February 28, 2016
- Simple Chopped Egg Salad Recipe February 21, 2016
- Home (16847 Views)
- Lobster Seafood Salad Recipe with Green Onions (8830 Views)
- An Easy Grilled Bean Salad Recipe (3322 Views)
- Warm Grilled Veggie Salad (3288 Views)
- Grilled Pineapple Salad (3128 Views)
- Sweet and Spicy Thai Grilled Vegetables Salad (2644 Views)
- Super-Easy Recipe Four Bean Salad with a Lemon Dressing (2511 Views)
- Asparagus Salad Recipe with Eggplant and Bell Pepper (2435 Views)
- Warm Chicken Breast for Salads Recipes (2407 Views)
- Marinated Chicken Salad with Eggplant (2400 Views)
- Grilled Salad Recipe with Halloumi Cheese (2368 Views)
- Healthy Grilled Bell Pepper Salad (2326 Views)