Italian Dressing Salad Recipe with Cottage Cheese
This delicious recipe combines cottage cheese and sour cream with lemon, mustard, garlic and more. You can serve this delicious Italian salad dressing recipe over mixed baby leaves or over a more complex salad featuring Mediterranean ingredients like black olives, tomatoes, feta cheese, (or mozzarella) and whatever else you like.
Use low-fat sour cream and low-fat cottage cheese to reduce the fat content if you want; the flavor will be pretty much the same. This Italian dressing salad recipe is simple to make since you just need to blend it until it is smooth. Use one large garlic clove for this recipe, or two small ones, and swap the parsley for dill if you prefer.
Of course Italian salad dressings vary a lot, but if you usually find yourself buying or making the same one over and over, why not try this tasty cottage cheese based one instead? The ingredients are harmonious together and this certainly boasts plenty of amazing flavor. Whether you are making a refreshing salad during the warmer months or treating yourself to a tasty of Italy during the cooler ones, perhaps alongside a steak or chicken leg, serving this tasty dressing over your salad is sure to put a smile on your face.
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- ½ cup sour cream
- 1 chopped garlic clove
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 3 teaspoons dried Italian seasoning mix
- 1 chopped green onion
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- Blend all the ingredients in a food processor or blender until smooth.
- Chill for half an hour.
What kind of dressing goes with virtually any kind of salad? The answer is an Italian salad dressing, preferably something homemade with love. This recipe is tangy, herby, creamy, and offers so much incredible flavor. Try it over mixed baby leaves, grilled vegetables, or your favorite combination of salad ingredients, adding some nuts for crunch perhaps, and other Italian salad ingredients like cherry tomatoes, olives and cured meats. Whether you are enjoying a salad for your lunch, side dish or for dinner, this dressing will add a fresh, wonderful flavor to it.
Check Out Some of Our Other Hot Content
Leave a Reply
- Cobb Salad with a Mexican Seafood Twist May 9, 2016
- Simple Cucumber and Onion Salad April 24, 2016
- Classic Potato and Egg Salad with Chives April 15, 2016
- Greek Cucumber and Tomato Salad with Kalamata Olives April 1, 2016
- Chipotle Ranch Potato Salad with Sausage and Corn March 26, 2016
- Mexican Rice Salad with Tuna and Vegetables March 21, 2016
- Vegetarian Summer Five Bean Salad March 13, 2016
- Healthy Waldorf Salad with Baby Spinach March 6, 2016
- Corn and Pasta Salad with Tuna February 28, 2016
- Simple Chopped Egg Salad Recipe February 21, 2016
- Home (16845 Views)
- Lobster Seafood Salad Recipe with Green Onions (8799 Views)
- An Easy Grilled Bean Salad Recipe (3315 Views)
- Warm Grilled Veggie Salad (3285 Views)
- Grilled Pineapple Salad (3122 Views)
- Sweet and Spicy Thai Grilled Vegetables Salad (2638 Views)
- Super-Easy Recipe Four Bean Salad with a Lemon Dressing (2506 Views)
- Asparagus Salad Recipe with Eggplant and Bell Pepper (2432 Views)
- Warm Chicken Breast for Salads Recipes (2403 Views)
- Marinated Chicken Salad with Eggplant (2398 Views)
- Grilled Salad Recipe with Halloumi Cheese (2366 Views)
- Healthy Grilled Bell Pepper Salad (2324 Views)