Indian Style Yogurt Salad Dressing
This delicious salad dressing is lightly spiced with curry powder, and also contains ginger, garlic, and onion, for an Indian flavor. It is great drizzled over a grilled chicken salad or even a plate of baby salad leaves, and it keeps for up to two days in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Most commercially prepared curried yogurt salad dressings are high in sugar, salt, and preservatives, so it pays to make your own. If you value your health it is a good idea to eat plenty of salad and, of course, making your own salad dressings is a part of this. You will enjoy the tangy flavor of this curried yogurt salad dressing and perhaps you will find some other uses for it, like using it as a dip for chips or breadsticks, or serving it with your next steak or chicken dinner.
This is too delicious and versatile to be used as a salad dressing only. If you like, you can add more curry powder than the recipe calls for, or even add some hot pepper sauce or chipotle seasoning, for a spicier finish. It is also great made exactly as the recipe suggests.
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh ginger
- ⅓ cup chopped onion
- 1 ½ cups low-fat or nonfat plain yogurt
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 teaspoon white sugar
- 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon or lime juice
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- Combine all the ingredients until well blended.
- Taste to check the seasonings, and adjust if necessary. Drizzle over salad.
Our creamy Indian salad dressing will add a delicious and exotic flavor to your salad. This dressing has curry powder, ginger, garlic, and lemon to give it authentic flavors of India, as well as creamy yogurt. Making it is very easy. Just combine the ingredients using a whisk, fork or food processor, then you can drizzle the resulting dressing over anything you like, perhaps mixed salad leaves, grilled root vegetables or any other salad mixture. You could also serve it as a dip for poppadums or chips, because it is certainly versatile enough.
Check Out Some of Our Other Hot Content
Leave a Reply
- Cobb Salad with a Mexican Seafood Twist May 9, 2016
- Simple Cucumber and Onion Salad April 24, 2016
- Classic Potato and Egg Salad with Chives April 15, 2016
- Greek Cucumber and Tomato Salad with Kalamata Olives April 1, 2016
- Chipotle Ranch Potato Salad with Sausage and Corn March 26, 2016
- Mexican Rice Salad with Tuna and Vegetables March 21, 2016
- Vegetarian Summer Five Bean Salad March 13, 2016
- Healthy Waldorf Salad with Baby Spinach March 6, 2016
- Corn and Pasta Salad with Tuna February 28, 2016
- Simple Chopped Egg Salad Recipe February 21, 2016
- Home (16845 Views)
- Lobster Seafood Salad Recipe with Green Onions (8805 Views)
- An Easy Grilled Bean Salad Recipe (3319 Views)
- Warm Grilled Veggie Salad (3287 Views)
- Grilled Pineapple Salad (3125 Views)
- Sweet and Spicy Thai Grilled Vegetables Salad (2641 Views)
- Super-Easy Recipe Four Bean Salad with a Lemon Dressing (2510 Views)
- Asparagus Salad Recipe with Eggplant and Bell Pepper (2435 Views)
- Warm Chicken Breast for Salads Recipes (2405 Views)
- Marinated Chicken Salad with Eggplant (2398 Views)
- Grilled Salad Recipe with Halloumi Cheese (2367 Views)
- Healthy Grilled Bell Pepper Salad (2324 Views)