How to Make Low Fat Low Carb Salad Dressings
Watching your weight does not mean you have to forego salad dressings altogether; who wants to nibble on a dry piece of lettuce? What dieting does mean is that you have to be clever and find low fat salad dressing recipes which taste as good as the fat-laden ones you used to enjoy and are easy to prepare yourself. That way you will find it easy to stick to your healthy eating plan.
The following low fat salad dressing recipe contains fat-free mayonnaise, although you could use low-fat Miracle Whip if you want to, as well as flavorful ingredients like mustard, Worcestershire sauce, hot pepper sauce and more. If you want to use 3/4 cup of blue cheese instead of the blue cheese and cream cheese, you can do so. That would be fine for a low carb diet but slightly less favorable for a low fat one. You can cover this and refrigerate it for up to a couple of days, stirring it well before using.
- 1 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- ¼ cup crumbled blue cheese
- ½ cup low-fat cream cheese
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon dry mustard
- ½ cup fat-free plain yogurt
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Hot pepper sauce, to taste
- Mash the blue cheese with a fork, and then beat in the mayonnaise and yogurt.
- Beat in the garlic, mustard, and Worcestershire sauce.
- Season with hot pepper sauce and black pepper.
- Keep leftover dressing covered and refrigerated.
Leave a Reply
- Wakame Seaweed Salad with Sesame Seeds September 30, 2014
- Green Pea Salad Recipe with Juicy Pears September 22, 2014
- Creamy Chicken Bacon Club Salad with Avocado September 21, 2014
- Traditional Greek Salad Recipe September 16, 2014
- Easy Rice Salad with Roasted Vegetables September 15, 2014
- Simple Brunch or Breakfast Salad September 14, 2014
- Grilled Chicken Salad with Strawberries September 13, 2014
- Chicken and Strawberry Salad with Warm Citrus Dressing September 12, 2014
- Home (4494 Views)
- Warm Grilled Veggie Salad (1972 Views)
- Marinated Chicken Salad with Eggplant (1571 Views)
- An Easy Grilled Bean Salad Recipe (1548 Views)
- Grilled Pineapple Salad (1313 Views)
- Red Potato Salad Recipe with Dijon Dressing (1290 Views)
- Make Your Own Traditional Potato Salad Recipe (1288 Views)
- Grilled Salad Recipe with Halloumi Cheese (1270 Views)
- Tuna and White Bean Salad Recipe with Red Onion (1224 Views)
- Powerful Energy with Apple, Mango, and Papaya Fruit Salad (1221 Views)
- Healthy Grilled Bell Pepper Salad (1219 Views)
- Warm Chicken Breast for Salads Recipes (1186 Views)
- Sweet and Spicy Thai Grilled Vegetables Salad (1164 Views)
- Recipe for Grilled Vegetable Salad with a Spiced Garlic Dressing (1115 Views)
- Creamy Hawaiian Salad Dressing with Coconut (1090 Views)
- Super-Easy Recipe Four Bean Salad with a Lemon Dressing (1083 Views)