How to Make Low Fat Low Carb Salad Dressings
Watching your weight does not mean you have to forego salad dressings altogether; who wants to nibble on a dry piece of lettuce? What dieting does mean is that you have to be clever and find low fat salad dressing recipes which taste as good as the fat-laden ones you used to enjoy and are easy to prepare yourself. That way you will find it easy to stick to your healthy eating plan.
The following low fat salad dressing recipe contains fat-free mayonnaise, although you could use low-fat Miracle Whip if you want to, as well as flavorful ingredients like mustard, Worcestershire sauce, hot pepper sauce and more. If you want to use 3/4 cup of blue cheese instead of the blue cheese and cream cheese, you can do so. That would be fine for a low carb diet but slightly less favorable for a low fat one. You can cover this and refrigerate it for up to a couple of days, stirring it well before using.
- 1 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- ¼ cup crumbled blue cheese
- ½ cup low-fat cream cheese
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon dry mustard
- ½ cup fat-free plain yogurt
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Hot pepper sauce, to taste
- Mash the blue cheese with a fork, and then beat in the mayonnaise and yogurt.
- Beat in the garlic, mustard, and Worcestershire sauce.
- Season with hot pepper sauce and black pepper.
- Keep leftover dressing covered and refrigerated.
Leave a Reply
- Charming Goat Cheese and Strawberry Salad September 2, 2014
- Feta Strawberry Salad with Rosemary September 1, 2014
- Spinach Salad with Strawberries and Feta August 31, 2014
- Savory Kiwi Strawberry Salad Recipe August 30, 2014
- Salmon and Spinach Seafood Pasta Salad Recipe August 29, 2014
- Easy Orzo Pasta Salad Recipes August 28, 2014
- Healthy and Easy Recipe for Pasta Salad August 27, 2014
- Good Pasta Salad Recipe with Homemade Pesto August 26, 2014
- Home (4434 Views)
- An Easy Grilled Bean Salad Recipe (1476 Views)
- Grilled Salad Recipe with Halloumi Cheese (1198 Views)
- Grilled Pineapple Salad (1180 Views)
- Tuna and White Bean Salad Recipe with Red Onion (1164 Views)
- Healthy Grilled Bell Pepper Salad (1149 Views)
- Warm Chicken Breast for Salads Recipes (1119 Views)
- Sweet and Spicy Thai Grilled Vegetables Salad (1093 Views)
- Recipe for Grilled Vegetable Salad with a Spiced Garlic Dressing (1056 Views)
- Super-Easy Recipe Four Bean Salad with a Lemon Dressing (1009 Views)
- Asparagus Salad Recipe with Eggplant and Bell Pepper (998 Views)
- Warm Grilled Veggie Salad (993 Views)
- Easy Mango Chicken Salad Recipe (985 Views)
- Caramelized Onion and Butter Bean Salad Recipe (944 Views)
- Lobster Seafood Salad Recipe with Green Onions (934 Views)
- Egg Salad Recipes with Bibb Lettuce and Tomatoes (901 Views)