How to Make Low Fat Low Carb Salad Dressings
Watching your weight does not mean you have to forego salad dressings altogether; who wants to nibble on a dry piece of lettuce? What dieting does mean is that you have to be clever and find low fat salad dressing recipes which taste as good as the fat-laden ones you used to enjoy and are easy to prepare yourself. That way you will find it easy to stick to your healthy eating plan.
The following low fat salad dressing recipe contains fat-free mayonnaise, although you could use low-fat Miracle Whip if you want to, as well as flavorful ingredients like mustard, Worcestershire sauce, hot pepper sauce and more. If you want to use 3/4 cup of blue cheese instead of the blue cheese and cream cheese, you can do so. That would be fine for a low carb diet but slightly less favorable for a low fat one. You can cover this and refrigerate it for up to a couple of days, stirring it well before using.
- 1 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- ¼ cup crumbled blue cheese
- ½ cup low-fat cream cheese
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon dry mustard
- ½ cup fat-free plain yogurt
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Hot pepper sauce, to taste
- Mash the blue cheese with a fork, and then beat in the mayonnaise and yogurt.
- Beat in the garlic, mustard, and Worcestershire sauce.
- Season with hot pepper sauce and black pepper.
- Keep leftover dressing covered and refrigerated.
Leave a Reply
- Traditional Greek Salad Recipe September 16, 2014
- Easy Rice Salad with Roasted Vegetables September 15, 2014
- Simple Brunch or Breakfast Salad September 14, 2014
- Grilled Chicken Salad with Strawberries September 13, 2014
- Chicken and Strawberry Salad with Warm Citrus Dressing September 12, 2014
- Strawberry and Radish Garden Salad September 11, 2014
- Fresh Strawberries with Mint Cream September 10, 2014
- Balsamic Strawberry Tomato Salad September 9, 2014
- Home (4468 Views)
- An Easy Grilled Bean Salad Recipe (1522 Views)
- Grilled Pineapple Salad (1259 Views)
- Grilled Salad Recipe with Halloumi Cheese (1241 Views)
- Tuna and White Bean Salad Recipe with Red Onion (1202 Views)
- Healthy Grilled Bell Pepper Salad (1192 Views)
- Warm Chicken Breast for Salads Recipes (1160 Views)
- Sweet and Spicy Thai Grilled Vegetables Salad (1140 Views)
- Recipe for Grilled Vegetable Salad with a Spiced Garlic Dressing (1098 Views)
- Super-Easy Recipe Four Bean Salad with a Lemon Dressing (1051 Views)
- Asparagus Salad Recipe with Eggplant and Bell Pepper (1049 Views)
- Warm Grilled Veggie Salad (1028 Views)
- Easy Mango Chicken Salad Recipe (1026 Views)
- Caramelized Onion and Butter Bean Salad Recipe (989 Views)
- Lobster Seafood Salad Recipe with Green Onions (979 Views)
- Egg Salad Recipes with Bibb Lettuce and Tomatoes (932 Views)